ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration certificate for my mother as a family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tanya78
Newly Registered

Registration certificate for my mother as a family member

Post by Tanya78 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello everyone,
First thanks to everyone for this great forum. It helped me so much when i had to fill our applications for PR.
Now I need an advise regarding a registration certificate for my mother.Sorry if there is a treat about this but couldnt find it.She's been living in UK 5 years but all i understand is she has to apply for Registration certificate and not for PR car.She lives in UK with me and my family.She doesn't work and we pay all bills,mortgage and buy everything for her. She doesn't have bank account as well.In our country she has a widow pension and every summer when she goes back for few weeks she brings some money back but they are in cash.I've read so many things regarding how to register her in UK and i am confused how i can proof hers dependency of me.I am the only child,my dad died in 2008 and I've got all necessary documents to proof that but i still think that's not enough.Do i need to open a bank account for her and put some money in every month just to show i pay for her day to day needs? Or there is something else that i can do?We are from EEA country.
Thanks

Amofe
Newly Registered

Re: Registration certificate for my mother as a family membe

Post by Amofe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi, do you mind telling me if you found any answers? I'm also submitting a registration certificate form for my father who joined me last year. Thanks!

Tanya78
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya78 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi Amofe,
I am still trying to find information. I really dont know what is the best evidence in that case as she doesnt work in this country. I am thinking to open a bank account and send some money every month. I have all invoices for plain tickets that i bought in the past for her but i dont know is that enough.
What is your situation Amofe?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Have you read the appropriate guidance?

https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate/apply

Section 7 of guidance explains it

Section 7: Dependent family member
Evidence of the dependent family member’s financial dependency, such as:
 money transfer receipts from your sponsor to you/the family member
 itemised bank statements showing receipt of money from the sponsor
 sponsor’s bank statements or other evidence of their financial resources
 evidence of living in the same household as the sponsor, if relevant – e.g. tenancy agreement
naming you/the family member, utility bills with your/the family member’s name on, mobile
phone bills, etc

So bank statement would be best. Not sure how many months statements you would need.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Tanya78
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya78 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:51 pm

bathanza wrote:Have you read the appropriate guidance?
Thank you very much. Will try and will see.
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate/apply

Section 7 of guidance explains it

Section 7: Dependent family member
Evidence of the dependent family member’s financial dependency, such as:
 money transfer receipts from your sponsor to you/the family member
 itemised bank statements showing receipt of money from the sponsor
 sponsor’s bank statements or other evidence of their financial resources
 evidence of living in the same household as the sponsor, if relevant – e.g. tenancy agreement
naming you/the family member, utility bills with your/the family member’s name on, mobile
phone bills, etc

So bank statement would be best. Not sure how many months statements you would need.