ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation form- 10 years employment?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ktlkaaa

Naturalisation form- 10 years employment?

Post by ktlkaaa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi All

I am currently filling out the naturalisation form and a little stumped on a section.

Page 10, question 1.50: Employment history in the UK for the past 10 years.
And below this there is a table to fill out dates To and From, Occupation, and Employer Address.

In the guidance relevant to this section, it states "1.48 - 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date."

QUESTIONS:
1. As far as I was aware, we did not have to be providing documentation around employment? I was planning to submit only my passport, UK degree, LITUK, BC husband passport, marriage certificate, and driving license (since this is the ID I used for my LITUK test). Am I wrong? Should I be digging through to find supporting evidence for all my previous and current employment?

2. For 2 weeks in 2010, I worked as a sales assistant at a clothes store. I have no payslips, P60s, any sort of documentation to cover this. And it would be near impossible to have them write me a letter for this. Is this going to be an issue?

Thank you in advance for you input on this

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation form- 10 years employment?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:33 am

1. All sections must be filled in as they apply to you - where does it say employment details are not required. Provide as much detail as you can. Explain gaps and where there are documents not available.
2. For a job lasting 2 weeks I wouldn't bother searching paperwork paper work.

HMRC can provide a summary of your employment and tax/NI contributions - they do take their time though.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.