ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Penalty notice - Jumping Signal (Camera) - SET(0)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UPENDRAB
Newly Registered

Fixed Penalty notice - Jumping Signal (Camera) - SET(0)

Post by UPENDRAB » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Dear respected members,

I am filing for my ILR Application in the second week of march and has taken advice from an OISC certfied Immigration advisor for documentation. All looks good except that I have a Fixed Penalty notice dated 14 march 2014 for jumping red signal and camera has caught this mistake of mine. I paid the amount on receiving this notice at home (£100) and got 3 points.

Based on above, while filling the required SET (O) Form I think this should fall under civil penalty and should be mentioned on Page 26 of the form:

"7.5 Have you or any dependants applying with you had any UK court judgment against you for
non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK Immigration Acts?"

But my immigration advisor is suggesting to mention this under on page 25 as below:

7.3 Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been subject to, or received, any
other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example caution, reprimand, warning, or similar
penalties in the UK or any other country?

I m confused and like to make sure that I do not commit any mistake - please can anyone provide some guidance on the above.

Regards,

U

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Fixed Penalty notice - Jumping Signal (Camera) - SET(0)

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Getting an FPN is not a criminal offence, will not affect your criminal record and does not need to be declared
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice