ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I stay in UK if current WHM visa expires

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

real13_apr
Newly Registered

Can I stay in UK if current WHM visa expires

Post by real13_apr » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Hello All,

I am currently in UK on WHM visa applied for HSMP but my WHM visa expires on Jan 30th.

Can I stay in UK after Jan 30th beocz my application is in process and will there be any problem if I stay after Jan 30th.

If my stay is not allowed then can any one suggest how can I extend my visa or stay in UK.

any suggestions will be great help.

Thanks,
RA

hsmpLTOWN
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpLTOWN » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:59 pm

i was in a very similar situation to you - just had my application approved. But only because i faxed in an Urgent Treatment form with evidence supporting my reason. They do allow you to specify whatever reason you like. Whether they accept it is another thing, but i suppose WHM visa expiring is as good a reason as any.

Have you tried faxing in an urgent treatment form?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Do NOT overstay!

No matter what else happens, if you do not have permission to remain in the UK after your WHM expires, make sure you are out of the country.

It is not too difficult to get back in ... unless you are marked as an overstayer. Then your life will become very complicated. If your visa is still being processed when your WHM expires, get a written document that shows you are allowed to stay while waiting for a determination.

Does your nationality allow you to visit the rest of Europe without a visa? For Example, U.S. citizens can travel to any EU country for 90 days, visa-free.

Meaning, if you absolutely must, you can leave Britain before your WHM expires, then return as a visitor for 90 days after you have been out of country for a "few days."

Technically, you could do it after one day .. but it reduces suspicion if you are out for a week or so, for appearances.

Since you are on a WHM, be careful what reasons you give for being able (or not able) to do certain things. A WHM is a declaration on your part that you are on an extended holiday and that you will occasionally do some part-time work to support your holiday.

So, for example, if you try to explain that you can't take several days holiday in a country other than the UK, the logic of that argument could fail. It could be grounds to suspect that you are working more than part-time if you try to indicate that you "must" be in the UK for your job.

Make sure that you do not work while "visiting." If you get caught, all your other visa applications can be denied.

the Admin

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:30 pm

You should make the FLR (HSMP) application before the 30th.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!