ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - PHILIPPINES

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

New Application for uk spouse visa

Post by iambakedallday » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi guys,

Me and my wife (sponsor) are recently fixing our papers for the uk spouse visa path. Here are a few questions that we have in mind and hopefully you guys can shed a light on us about these matters.

1. Financial requirement:
Is there any case, that someone combined the sponsor's salary and the applicant's savings? Cause based from the financial requirement rule of home office, there's a clause at section 3(if i'm not mistaken) that either savings of the sponsor, the applicant or joint account. Our concern tho is that my savings is in the bank in our country but we've already computed the salary plus the savings and it's sure way above the needed requirement.
Are the savings over £16.000 and have they been held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months?
2.Proof of Employment:
The sponsor already got a hand of the employment certificate, p60, and payslip. Now the concern here is what if in the course of the application, the sponsor applies for another job with obviously a better pay and better working environment, would the ECO or the home office call or check the employer on the employment certificate? Yes, a call to check employment is possible. The sponsor is also required to submit a letter from the employer confirming that the employment is ongoing. IMHO unwise to change jobs while the application is in process.

3. Employment of the applicant
It's been 2 years that I've been doing freelance works and didn't get any stable income, would they still require me to submit bank statements and taxes or it wouldn't matter? How do you have an employer if you are freelance and self-employed? The financial evidence for a self-employed worker is quite different. :?:

4. Papers that needed to be notarized.
Which are the papers the we needed to be notarized? Since having the papers stamped doesn't come any cheap. We wanted to make sure which papers are notarized copy and which are not, in the sponsor's part. Sponsor's passport and any other official documents where the original isn't being submitted.

Will post other concerns in case we encounter some. Thanks in advance! This forum is a great help in this most stressful journey.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New Application for uk spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Yes the savings over £16000 being held overseas but at an approved by financial authority in that country either the name of sponsor/joint/applicant can be acceptable but it must be held for at least 6 months.
If you are earning enough then better to not mix up self employment which can cause confusion and if you find a new job and are with my employer from less than 6 months then you have to use category B route which requires 12 months of payslips and bank statements.
Usually sponsors passport need to be notarized but usually other documents need to be original which they returns after scann.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:47 pm

iambakedallday wrote:Hi guys,

Me and my wife (sponsor) are recently fixing our papers for the uk spouse visa path. Here are a few questions that we have in mind and hopefully you guys can shed a light on us about these matters.

Is there any case, that someone combined the sponsor's salary and the applicant's savings? Cause based from the financial requirement rule of home office, there's a clause at section 3(if i'm not mistaken) that either savings of the sponsor, the applicant or joint account. Our concern tho is that my savings is in the bank in our country but we've already computed the salary plus the savings and it's sure way above the needed requirement.
Are the savings over £16.000 and have they been held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months?
2.Proof of Employment:
The sponsor already got a hand of the employment certificate, p60, and payslip. Now the concern here is what if in the course of the application, the sponsor applies for another job with obviously a better pay and better working environment, would the ECO or the home office call or check the employer on the employment certificate? Yes, a call to check employment is possible. The sponsor is also required to submit a letter from the employer confirming that the employment is ongoing. IMHO unwise to change jobs while the application is in process.

It's been 2 years that I've been doing freelance works and didn't get any stable income, would they still require me to submit bank statements and taxes or it wouldn't matter? How do you have an employer if you are freelance and self-employed? The financial evidence for a self-employed worker is quite different. :?:

Which are the papers the we needed to be notarized? Since having the papers stamped doesn't come any cheap. We wanted to make sure which papers are notarized copy and which are not, in the sponsor's part. Sponsor's passport and any other official documents where the original isn't being submitted.

Will post other concerns in case we encounter some. Thanks in advance! This forum is a great help in this most stressful journey.
Reading through your post again, the applicant's income is irrelevant. Only the sponsor's income will be considered to meet the £18,600 minimum income level.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:46 am

Casa wrote:
iambakedallday wrote:Hi guys,

2.Proof of Employment:

Reading through your post again, the applicant's income is irrelevant. Only the sponsor's income will be considered to meet the £18,600 minimum income level.
We won't include my income as the applicant but my savings as based from the appendix FM1.7 quoted below that the savings should be under the name of the applicant, the sponsor or jointly "3.1.2. Income and cash savings must be in the name of the applicant, their partner or jointly.
However, income and cash savings of a dependent child of the applicant can also be
included once the child has turned 18 years of age."

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 am

The savings can be included if they are over £16,000 and held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months, as advised previously but you haven't yet confirmed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:07 am

Casa wrote:The savings can be included if they are over £16,000 and held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months, as advised previously but you haven't yet confirmed.
It's roughly around £39,000.00 depending on the conversion rate. i guess that would be enough to suffice the financial requirement.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 pm

iambakedallday wrote:
Casa wrote:The savings can be included if they are over £16,000 and held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months, as advised previously but you haven't yet confirmed.
It's roughly around £39,000.00 depending on the conversion rate. i guess that would be enough to suffice the financial requirement.
Providing it's sufficient to make up any shortfall in the sponsor's earnings. The first £16,000 of savings are disregarded.
(Casa, not CR001)

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:50 am

Casa wrote:
iambakedallday wrote:
Providing it's sufficient to make up any shortfall in the sponsor's earnings. The first £16,000 of savings are disregarded.
And yes it's under my name held in a local bank for more than 6 months. Another concern tho, cash gifts are considered as long as it's in my name for more than 6 months right? I'll get the bank certificate soon. The bank manager is asking me whom to address the bank certificate. As per advise on my previous thread, shall I tell the bank manager that this address be enough?

"UK Visa & Immigration
To whom it may concern:"

Also on the number 3 of my concerns, I guess it was not clearly stated. My wife is the sponsor and she will be providing all the employment certificate and letter from employer plus bank statements. Me as the applicant, should I provide those as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:32 am

If you are applying from abroad, your employment and salary as the applicant is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:02 am

CR001 wrote:If you are applying from abroad, your employment and salary as the applicant is irrelevant.
Alright thanks. Sorry to ask loads of questions since we are dealing this case on our own without any help from the agency and/or solicitor. And would also want to help others who are going thru the same case if ever they stumble upon this thread.

We have another concern that came up and we need help to clarify the confusion. My wife is of dual citizen. She did get an affirmation from the British embassy and had it signed but on our marriage visa her PH citizenship is what has reflected. would this bare any issue on the application? The marriage was solemnized by the local mayor and is legal in our country with all the right papers as proof. the only concern is that PH citizenship was registered on the marriage certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:23 am

Should not be an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Casa wrote:
iambakedallday wrote:
With regard to the cash savings, do we need to state where the money came from? Or regardless as long as the money has been held for more than 6 months, named solely on me, and is accessible anytime?

We're almost complete with our papers and will be posting the list that we're goin to submit to help others too.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:57 pm

HO can and often do ask for source of funds, so be prepared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:54 am

CR001 wrote:HO can and often do ask for source of funds, so be prepared.
How deep is the information needed by the HO? Does the letter from the parents stating that it was a graduation gift that was deposited way back 2012 on a time deposit would be enough?

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:25 am

Does a letter from the parents confirming the deposit on the account be good enough as proof? or do the parents need to provide any further details with regard to the deposit on the account? thanks for answering

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 am

The parents may need to provide a paper trail of the deposit into your account.
(Casa, not CR001)

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:07 am

Casa wrote:The parents may need to provide a paper trail of the deposit into your account.
What if it was on a time deposit and was opened few years back. the banks here i believe only provide up to a year of statement. Shall a letter from the bank confirming the deposit made be enough? or the bank certificate alone be fine.

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Salaried Employment and Cash Savings Combined Experience?

Post by iambakedallday » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:40 pm

I've been searching thru the forum and I can only find old threads.

I just would like to ask a question to anyone who've used the Category A (Salaried Employment) and Category D (Cash savings) Combination or Category D alone to reach the financial requirements based on your own experience and application process.

What are the documents you've provided to prove you've reached the 18600 threshold. Also, were you guys approved or denied?

Thanks in advance!

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa - PHILIPPINES

Post by iambakedallday » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:39 am

Hi,

Me and my wife will soon send in our application via VFS Philippines and here are the list of our documents that will be provided:

Sponsor:
1. Sponsorship form (notarised)
2. Proof of Employment
*6 month Payslips
*6 month Bank statement
*Employment Certificate
*p60
3. Accomodation
*letter from parents with regard to approval of accommodation
*letter from landlord with regard to approval of accommodation
*Tenancy Agreement (Notarised)
*Utility bill addressed to parents
4. Proof of Citizenship
*UK Passport
*PH Passport
*Oath and Naturalization

Applicant:
1. Marriage Certificate (Both NSO and Municipal Copy)
2. Birth Certificate (Both applicant and sponsor)
3. NBI Clearance
4. TB Result (Certificate from Intl Org for Migration)
5. IELTS A1 Lifeskills (Certificate from British Council PH)
6. Passport (Applicant)
7. Proof of Relationship
* Invitation (wedding)
* Letters and gifts from guests (Red envelope)
* Letters (both to and from the applicant and sponsor)
* Photos (Dating back 2014 to 2016, with friends and family)
* Plane, boat and bus tickets and Itineraries (Original and reprinted copies)
* Airbnb and hotel receipts
* Restaurant receipts and others
* Skype Log
* Email Log
* Facebook Log
*Printed stamps on Sponsor's passport from visits
*Printed stamps on Sponsor and Applicant's passport travel (abroad)
8. Photo of applicant (UK Passport size)
9. Bank Certification and letter from Bank stating I have full access to the account anytime (Cash savings)
10. Letter from parents (proof of cash gift)
11. Applicant's Credential as proof of employability
12. Printed Application form UK4visa

Are we missing anything?

With regard to priority visa fee, is it worth it? as some of the members here had more than 15 days of waiting time even though they applied and paid the priority visa fee.

Many thanks!

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Re: UK Spouse Visa - PHILIPPINES

Post by iambakedallday » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:17 am

iambakedallday wrote:Hi,

Me and my wife will soon send in our application via VFS Philippines and here are the list of our documents that will be provided:

Sponsor:
1. Sponsorship form (notarised)
2. Proof of Employment
*6 month Payslips
*6 month Bank statement
*Employment Certificate
*p60
3. Accomodation
*letter from parents with regard to approval of accommodation
*letter from landlord with regard to approval of accommodation
*Tenancy Agreement (Notarised)
*Utility bill addressed to parents
4. Proof of Citizenship
*UK Passport
*PH Passport
*Oath and Naturalization

Applicant:
1. Marriage Certificate (Both NSO and Municipal Copy)
2. Birth Certificate (Both applicant and sponsor)
3. NBI Clearance
4. TB Result (Certificate from Intl Org for Migration)
5. IELTS A1 Lifeskills (Certificate from British Council PH)
6. Passport (Applicant)
7. Proof of Relationship
* Invitation (wedding)
* Letters and gifts from guests (Red envelope)
* Letters (both to and from the applicant and sponsor)
* Photos (Dating back 2014 to 2016, with friends and family)
* Plane, boat and bus tickets and Itineraries (Original and reprinted copies)
* Airbnb and hotel receipts
* Restaurant receipts and others
* Skype Log
* Email Log
* Facebook Log
*Printed stamps on Sponsor's passport from visits
*Printed stamps on Sponsor and Applicant's passport travel (abroad)
8. Photo of applicant (UK Passport size)
9. Bank Certification and letter from Bank stating I have full access to the account anytime (Cash savings)
10. Letter from parents (proof of cash gift)
11. Applicant's Credential as proof of employability
12. Printed Application form UK4visa

Are we missing anything?

With regard to priority visa fee, is it worth it? as some of the members here had more than 15 days of waiting time even though they applied and paid the priority visa fee.

Many thanks!
We've added a *property inspection report as we have overlooked at this part as required by the UKVI