ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Salary Threshold After April 2017

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hazelwood
Newly Registered

New Salary Threshold After April 2017

Post by hazelwood » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 am

Hi ,
I have been on tier 2 general visa since Dec 2014 which is due for extension in Dec 2017 (presently working in healthcare sector). I wanted to clarify my doubt regarding the new salary threshold required for the extension of experienced tier 2 visa. Just for reference I was going through an article on NHS employers website which stated the following
"New minimum salary thresholds apply only to those making an application under Tier 2 (General) for the first time from 24 November 2016. Applications for Tier 2 (General) extensions or to change employer for those already in Tier 2 before 24 November 2016 will not be subject to the new salary threshold. Thresholds are based on guaranteed pay, excluding overtime.".
Thus based on the above statement my question is whether I am subjected to the new salary threshold or can be exempted from the 30k mark for my extension since I have previously been on Tier 2 since almost 2+ years.
Any useful suggestions will be much appreciated . Thanks

ozayh.malik

Re: New Salary Threshold After April 2017

Post by ozayh.malik » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm

I read the NHS tier 2 guidance and it seems like the new changes will affect those who will be applying 1st time for tier2, not for those who are already on the tier2 visa before 24th November 2016.

I hope somebody will further clarify this.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: New Salary Threshold After April 2017

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Irrespective of the new rule, there is an experienced salary required for your role. Check the latest Soc code list and confirm the salary requirement for your job. That is what will be used to assess your application.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.