ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Father's account show maintenance for kids

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sqahar
Newly Registered

Can Father's account show maintenance for kids

Post by sqahar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:16 pm

My wife is the primary applicant for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I transferred the maintenance fund for her, myself and our 3 kids in her account. we were planning to apply by the end of March, however, it will not be 90 days at the end of March. I have 2 questions:

Her account has enough to show her own maintenance funds but not the kids. Can my account, show the maintenance funds for the kids even though I am no the main applicant. My account has had the money for more than 90 days.

My wife has a fixed deposit in Pakistan which has had the required maintenance funds for more than 90 days. Its not a current or savings account, its a fixed deposit. Can fixed deposits be used as a source of maintenance funds?

Looking forward to helpful answers.

vinny

Re: Can Father's account show maintenance for kids

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:27 am

319H wrote:(g) Unless the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant or a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, there must be a sufficient level of funds available to the applicant, as set out in Appendix E.
Appendix E:
(aa) Paragraphs 1A and 1B of Appendix C also apply to this Appendix.
(ab) Where the application is connected to a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, the applicant cannot use the same funds to score points for maintenance funds from this Appendix as the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant used to score points for attributes under Appendix A.
Appendix E:
(d) Where the applicant is applying as the Child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to the applicant, the Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or the applicant’s other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time.
Appendix C:
1A(j) Maintenance must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, credit cards, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.
Moreover,
11 wrote:The Respondent-™s belated attempt to modify the reasons for refusal letter is mistaken and inadmissible. As a matter of simple banking law, repayment of a fixed deposit cannot be refused. The consequence of early repayment is that interest is forfeited. Thus the funds were correctly accepted as available in the reasons for refusal letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.