ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa extension requirements

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nawarat
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa extension requirements

Post by nawarat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi experts,

I would like to ask you a few questions regarding my Tier 2 (General) extension for another three years.
My current Tier 2 (General) visa (3 years) will expire on 31/08/2017. It was assigned on 28/07/2014. My employer has 2 unused COS allocation left which we can use until 05/04/2017, so they asked me whether I would like to do my extension now but also they have applied for renewal for COS allocations for next year and still waiting the reply.

I am working for the same position at the same company. My company is NHS related company but also doing private healthcare businesses.

Firstly, when we create COS from SMS portal, among "create new single certificate" and "create new single certificate based on an existing certificate" options, which one should we choose for my case please?

If I want to apply before April 2017 (when new rules could come out), then what date(s) should my employer put in Work Start Date and End Date when issuing COS for me please? We are a bit confused that should we put the start date as my previous start date of my previous COS and end date would be 6 years later from that date. But I thought - Start Date should not be the back date. Please kindly advise!

Apart from, passport(s) - old and new, BRP, biometric proof, photo, COS number, what else do I need to provide to Home Office to support my extension for 3 years. I am aware that salary needs to be an experienced rate and mentioned clearly in new COS letter. Apart from that, do I need to provide any payslips or bank statements for the evidence?

I am thinking to go for ILR after 5 years time. Do you think it is the best to apply extension 2-months closer before my current visa expires (or) should I apply it now before new rules in April come out?

Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you very much.
Nawarat

nawarat
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 visa extension requirements

Post by nawarat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Hello,

Could anyone please help me with my questions as my company wants to fill in the start date and end date in COS for my visa extension and we aren't sure what date should we put in? :?: :?:

Please help :cry: !!! Thanks.
Nawarat

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Ideally your start date should be a day after your current visa expires. But it works only if you are apply within three months to the expiry date. In your case, you can use a start date within 3 months from the time you want to apply. For example, if you want to submit your application on 2nd April 2017, the start date could be any date up to 1st of July and the end date will be three years, and making sure that it doesn't go beyond 6years in total.
If you apply in April for three years, you will get a visa that is valid till April 2020. It will be fee months short of 6years but you will more than 5years to qualify for ILR.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

nawarat
Newly Registered

Post by nawarat » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:00 am

Thank you for your kind reply, Djsuccess. :D

So the date in my new BRP (new visa's start date) will be the date when I submitted the application? Not the start date mentioned on the COS letter?

Nawarat xx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:07 am

The date on your new BRP will be the date your application is approved, or a couple of days after that. It is NOT the date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nawarat
Newly Registered

Post by nawarat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks CR001.

My employer had an unused COS which is valid to use by 05-04-2017. My question is that if my employer used that COS for my visa extension by this week and supposed that we receive a new COS number,will it be valid to use for 3 months (even after 05-04-2017) please? I am thinking to use postal service so my application submit date would be in the first week of April.

Do we need payslips or P60 for visa extension as my employer is willing to increase the pay by the time COS issued. So, for the time being, my salary requirement does not meet the specified salary.

Is there any reliable service with reasonable charge which I can ask help for my visa extension please? I am a bit worried as I saw some extension applications are on hold :(

Thanks.
Nawarat

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 am

Yes you can use the cos issued this week, even after 5 april.
You wont need any p60
as long as your pay specified in cos is as per the salary required, you should be fine.

nawarat
Newly Registered

Post by nawarat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 am

Thank you iWorker. Much appreciated.

As I found some posts in the forum mentioning about they had been requested by P60 or payslip by HO for some visa extensions and their extensions are on hold.

I am just worried that if unluckily happened to me, I will not be able to proof it for the time being. But most of the people and my friends said it's fine for them without payslips.

And also, I am not sure who can help me with this that I couldn't able to read/send any private message(s) here. Could anyone suggest me when and how can I use the private message here please?

Thank you :)
Nawarat xx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:25 am

You can continue to post your questions on the PUBLIC forum page.

You do not have access to PM function as you are a newly registered user and PM function is only available once you have posted 30 genuine posts.

PM function is a privilege and should not be used to message people for advice as then no one is able to confirm, correct or verify the advice that is being given.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nawarat
Newly Registered

Post by nawarat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:54 am

Ah, I see. Thanks CR001. :)

Nawarat xx

nawarat
Newly Registered

Post by nawarat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi all,

It's me again :(

I seeked immigration advice for Tier-2 visa extension and they said everything is fine and ready to start. But their service is above £1,400 so I don't want to use that money only for the service. Then, i looked for another adviser which seemed experienced in immigration visas. He advised me that I CANNOT use the COS (NEVER USED and ASSIGNED YET) which is valid up to 05/04/2017. He advised me to wait for my company new COS allocation for 2017-18 and once we get this, can issue one for me. It completely made me confused.

My case is as below.
My current visa expire date - 14/09/2017
In SMS portal, my company has 2 unused (fresh) but valid to issue only before 05/04/2017.
So, they are planning to issue a new COS from this now and advised me to apply earlier if it is allowed to. But on the other hand, for the safe side, they requested new COS allocation for 2017-18 year from SMS portal but no response yet.

My question is please Can they issue a new COS for my visa extension (which they have 2 allocations left as unused until 05/04/2017) or not?

Will they be exempt from Immigration Skills Charge as I am existing employee on Tier-2 when we apply after Apr-17 please?

Thank you very much for sharing your advices. Please help!!!

Nawarat x