ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 months PR status eligibility criteria

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dianaiulia
Newly Registered

12 months PR status eligibility criteria

Post by dianaiulia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi all,

I am an EEA national applying for BC. I have received my DCPR card in Oct 16 and the letter did not mention the deemed date for acquiring PR. I have supporting documents (P60s, payslips and letter from company confirming employment) covering the period Sep 2010 - present (6+ years).

I had an appointment with NCS on 25 Feb 17, I was ready to apply as I should have acquired PR status already in Sep 2015. When they saw the date on the card (14 Oct 2016) they said it might be a problem as it is not 12 months. I have explained that it is not necessarily the date on the card that is the deemed date of acquiring PR, but because I did not want to risk my application to be rejected and lose the fee, I decided to pull my application and not have it sent to HO.

Should I make a SAR and wait 40 days to have my deemed status confirmed or would I be ok to apply despite that issue date on the DCPR is less than 12 months, but having documents to prove 6 years residence? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Zhonor

Re: 12 months PR status eligibility criteria

Post by Zhonor » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:09 pm

In my opinion, apply for SAR to double check the dates that HO has got on records for you.

I did that and applied base on PR acquisition date instead of issue date. My NCS agent even had a look at my SAR just to make sure I qualify and confirmed it in the additional column of my AN form.

dianaiulia
Newly Registered

Re: 12 months PR status eligibility criteria

Post by dianaiulia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 am

Zhonor wrote:In my opinion, apply for SAR to double check the dates that HO has got on records for you.

I did that and applied base on PR acquisition date instead of issue date. My NCS agent even had a look at my SAR just to make sure I qualify and confirmed it in the additional column of my AN form.
Thank you, I am making a fast-track SAR today, to hopefully get the information I need sooner than in a normal SAR.