ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa/ Family Planning

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaq12wsx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa/ Family Planning

Post by zaq12wsx » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:49 am

Hi All,

Apologies for the bad title. I cannot think of a better one.

My husband is British and lived in UK for more than 20 years. I had been in here on student visa then on work visa for around 10 years, switched to spouse visa 2.5 years ago. I had just renewed and received my spouse visa and will be set to apply for ILR in another 2.5 years time.

Being married for a while now we start having discussion about children. We do not want to rush in and find our self in some complicated situation. So My questions are...

1. if I have a baby, is our child born British?

2. If the child is British. When I renew spouse visa/apply for spouse visa ILR. Do I need to put the baby as dependent? ie. I need to also prove we have sufficient finance for 1 spouse (me) + 1-2 dependent (babies)

Thanks for reading this through.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa/ Family Planning

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:09 am

Yes
2. If the child is British. When I renew spouse visa/apply for spouse visa ILR. Do I need to put the baby as dependent? ie. I need to also prove we have sufficient finance for 1 spouse (me) + 1-2 dependent (babies)
Not as a dependent for visa purposes but yes as a child you have that is British.

If you have been here for 20 years, why haven't you applied for ILR based on long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaq12wsx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaq12wsx » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Yes
Not as a dependent for visa purposes but yes as a child you have that is British.

If you have been here for 20 years, why haven't you applied for ILR based on long residence?

Hi Sorry does that mean we need to prove we have sufficient fund for one spouse and dependants (british children ) when it comes to my spouse visa renewal/ ILR?

Because I still have not clocked up to 20 years in UK! Also not really interested using the long term residency route. Too complicated as I switch over many visa categories all done by myself when I was a kid. Too messy to clear up whether i over stayed or applied the wrong visa or two.

So I conclude might as well kick back relax and ride on the 5 year spousal route. hahaha (the whole thing is a mess )

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:47 am

zaq12wsx wrote:Hi Sorry does that mean we need to prove we have sufficient fund for one spouse and dependants (british children ) when it comes to my spouse visa renewal/ ILR? No. Only the £18,600pa as a British child is NOT included for the financial calculation.

Because I still have not clocked up to 20 years in UK! It is 10 years long residence ILR application and you can use any 10 years period of valid leave and any combination of visas. There is no 20 years long residence ILR route.

Also not really interested using the long term residency route. Too complicated as I switch over many visa categories all done by myself when I was a kid. Too messy to clear up whether i over stayed or applied the wrong visa or two.

So I conclude might as well kick back relax and ride on the 5 year spousal route. hahaha (the whole thing is a mess )
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.