ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card (RC) Application Withdrawing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brunoc
Newly Registered

Residence Card (RC) Application Withdrawing

Post by brunoc » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Dear Community,

I applied for a Residence Card in November as an extended-family member of an EEA citizen.
However, due to personal reasons, I am withdrawing my application and asking for all my documents back.

The "Online Withdrawing Form" says it takes usually up to 10 working days to return documents.

Has anyone been through this process?
Home Office usually returns documents on time?
Can you tell me if it is safe to buy return flight tickets before having the passport returned?

Thank you for the help!

Personabs
Newly Registered

Re: Residence Card (RC) Application Withdrawing

Post by Personabs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:00 am

There is no 100% guarantee as it depends on many factors - how quickly Home Office will send the passport and supporting documents back, postal services speed etc, therefore there is no point to risk it buying tickets before you receive your passport back.