ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New salary threshold

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evalucky1
Newly Registered

New salary threshold

Post by evalucky1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:14 pm

hi,
I have been on tier 2 general visa since july 2014 which is due for extension in july 2017. wanted to clarify my doubt regarding the new salary threshold required for the extension of tier 2 visa.

whether I am subjected to the new salary threshold or can be exempted from the 30k mark for my extension since I have previously been on Tier 2.

Please help

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: New salary threshold

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Being on tier 2 already doesnt exempt you from meeting the salary requirement. If you know your Soc code for your job, check the updated soc code list and salary requirements for experienced worker. Whatever the salary requirement is, that will be the minimum you should be earning in order to extend your tier 2 visa successfully.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

evalucky1
Newly Registered

Post by evalucky1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:43 am

Ok.
My visa renewal is on 14 july 2017.
Can i apply before 6 april(before the new rules apply)?
if i apply on april 1st, it will be more than 3 months can i apply the visa early?

Thanks

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 am

Can i apply before 6 april(before the new rules apply)?
Yes, you can apply before 6th April, the 3 months rule is that the job start date cannot be more than 3 months from the COS issue date. So, you can apply for extension anytime.
But you will need to make sure your Salary is paid on experienced rate specified for your SOC code or at least 25K (if you applying before 6th April) whichever is higher.

Thanks

evalucky1
Newly Registered

Post by evalucky1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks you very much