ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eu family member travel to EU? Please help!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohd07

Non-eu family member travel to EU? Please help!!

Post by mohd07 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Hello friends
I have query to ask you about EU travel. Im non eu national living with my wife eu national in the uk. I have resident card (EEA FM). Can i travel to EU countries with my wife without visa or do i need visa to travel eu countries with my wife?

Will i face any problem at both sides airports (exit/entry) if i carry my Resident card, passport and marriage certificate??

atriponel
Newly Registered

Re: Non-eu family member travel to EU? Please help!!

Post by atriponel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:07 pm

As far as I know, you can travel without a visa with your RC and shouldn't have any problems

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:12 pm

The holder of a valid EEA Family member Residence Card (those which say "family member of a union citizen") is entitled to use this document in lieu of an entry visa for entry to all EEA member states if traveling with their EEA Family member Sponsor and they are travelling together with you or travelling to join you in another EU country.

mohd07

Post by mohd07 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Thank you very much for the valuable advises. I'm much satisfied and convinced now. Thank you guys!

butterfly1021
Newly Registered

Post by butterfly1021 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi everyone!
I have a similar question if someone can help maybe. In the same situation mentioned above what if someone has the EEA family permit, not a residence card, can they still travel without a Schengen visa?

YOZ
Newly Registered

Post by YOZ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:18 pm

butterfly1021 wrote:Hi everyone!
I have a similar question if someone can help maybe. In the same situation mentioned above what if someone has the EEA family permit, not a residence card, can they still travel without a Schengen visa?
No, they will need a residence card at least. In my experience they should also have marriage certificate (officially translated if not in English) and a printout from the relevant embassy website confirming the right of entry without a visa, because in some airports immigration officers may not be fully aware of this rule.