ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worker registration scheme exemption

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Elegance78
Newly Registered

Worker registration scheme exemption

Post by Elegance78 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:22 am

Hello
I came to UK on valid work visa in July 2003. I am a national of one of the A8 countries. My question is: Was I exempt from the Worker registration scheme? I stayed in the same job until year 2007 (actually been with same employer ever since). The visa I originally had allowed me to work in that one specified job only. The employer and I were always of the opinion I did not have to register. They are real stickers to detail and rigorously organised every A8 employee to register with WRS.

Interestingly, I was granted permanent residence in 2010. I simply cannot remember for sure if there even was a question about WRS at that time on form EEA3. What I do know, is, that I included with my application my old passport with the work visa from 2003 and all P60's covering the period since my arrival in July 2003.

I am asking this because I would like to get British citizenship for my daughter via MN1 route. Everything on that form is easy with the exception of the WRS question. I believe I do still posess the old passport with the visa and obviously all P60's.
Also, if they were to revoke the Permanent residence, I would need to apply for it again - enough years in bank for it to be granted again. All answers appreciated.

Elegance78
Newly Registered

Re: Worker registration scheme exemption

Post by Elegance78 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 am

Note that where the EU8 national was “legally working” in the UK on 30 April 2004, they were permitted to continue working for the same employer without the need to register that employment on the worker registration scheme (WRS).
Technically, they were not exempt from WRS but, in such cases, registration was already deemed to be in place .
Found the above information deep in the forum. Can anyone confirm this interpretation is valid? Seems to be exactly my case.

MrSlyFox

Re: Worker registration scheme exemption

Post by MrSlyFox » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Here is an achieved link to the UKBA which says;
  • - You have been working legally in the UK for 12 months or more in the job you held on 1 May 2004;
    - You have been working legally in the UK and have stayed in the same job after 1 May 2004
https://web.archive.org/web/20071012024 ... ister.html?

Elegance78
Newly Registered

Re: WRS scheme exemption - prove multiple times?

Post by Elegance78 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks for that. I dug through my document stash and I did find out that I did have to prove on my PR application that I was exempt. Does anyone know if they will make me prove again I was exempt if I apply for my daughter's PR as sponsor? I have had my PR for 7 years already after all.
My wife does not feel like it is right time to go for citizenship, she prefers PR. So I abandoned the MN1 route.