ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR EU + non EEA - passport validity

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mirta SF

PR EU + non EEA - passport validity

Post by Mirta SF » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:50 am

Hi All,

I am preparing to apply for Permanent Residence for me (EU) and my non EU spouse.
I would have preferred using the Online application form but from what I understand there are exceptions to those eligible for online applications and if applying as student or self sufficient person, you need to use the paper form.

1) Does this mean if I exercised rights as one of these two categories at any point of time during the qualifying period, I need to use the Paper form? I have been a QP in more than one category during these years.

2) If I cannot use the Online form and the European Passport Return service, the problem I face is that my passport will only be valid till May 17. What happens in a case like that? Can I send it and request it back to be able to renew it?

I would send my ID card instead but that was issued a few months after the start of my qualifying period - so I understand this will not work in conjunction with the 5 years I chose.

Any insight would be much appreciated,
Many thanks

Personabs
Newly Registered

Re: PR EU + non EEA - passport validity

Post by Personabs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 am

1. Start filling the online form and you will see if you can apply online depending on questions there and your answers.
2. To be on a safe side, apply for a new passport first to avoid delays and reapplication cost, although I did not see the requirement that passport has to be valid for some time after application.