ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Visa fee for PBS dependant child born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gspatel
Newly Registered

Query on Visa fee for PBS dependant child born in UK

Post by gspatel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Let me brief you my situation first.

Tier 2 General - First stamped - 10 May 2013
Switched employee in UK and new COS start 1-Mar-2015, end date 1-Mar-2019 (4 year) - got permit till 31-march-2019.
Also Dependent Wife and Daughter (who is 6 now) also got visa stamped and permit valid till 31-March-2019. So far all fine.

Now I am applying for my new born girl (second girl).
One of the question set on online application for is: What is the length of <main applicant> CoS's?
I have to answer as: more than 3 years
But because my COS was of 4 year, Form select fee as 1328.00 GBP.

Ideally my baby's Visa will be from the day I apply to 31-March-2019. So Fee I should be paying is 664.00 GBP.

Question is: Even though I applying for Visa which is less than 3 years, still have to pay 1328 only because my COS was 4 year.

I believe this situation happened to very rare but is it true?

Many thanks

Personabs
Newly Registered

Re: Query on Visa fee for PBS dependant child born in UK

Post by Personabs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:39 am

I think it depends on your visa length and has nothing to do with your dependant visa's length. Please read here https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview. It says that: How much you pay for a Tier 2 (General) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply - and than there are different options presented, but nothing says it depends on your dependant's situation. Therefore, I would think, that £1,328 is a correct fee in your situation.

gspatel
Newly Registered

Re: Query on Visa fee for PBS dependant child born in UK

Post by gspatel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:13 am

Many thanks personabs.
This is very unfortunate.
I will try to find more information.. but yes your point seems right and I had same feeling.