ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post-BREXIT EU right to stay - registration certificate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amofe
Newly Registered

Post-BREXIT EU right to stay - registration certificate

Post by Amofe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello,

My family is looking to apply for registration certificates. I'm working part-time (started this year) while my siblings are studying full-time and we are going to use the "qualified person" form. I hope I can even though I just started working. Before I studied for 5 years and yes, I considered a permanent residence card but I only had CSI for 4 years, so I still need 1 more year to qualify. So for now, I'm gonna do the registration certificate.

Our father joined us last year. I just found about the 3-month allowed period since coming to UK and I'm worried that it's been longer than that (like millions of other EU that have been living in UK pre-BREXIT). What are the consequences of that? Will our father get deported ASAP? Can we still apply for a registration certificate? I think that's what is massively happening now, right?

I don't know which form I should choose for him: a "qualified person" (self-sufficient, he financially supports us and plan to open a business here, already registered a business name etc but is now looking for a premise to rent) or as a close/extended family member of "qualified person" (worker/student). Which one has higher chances of success?

We are also planning to buy a private health insurance for my siblings and parent, because we were told that it's a crucial requirement in their application forms. Our questions is if we buy it i.e. on 6th March and then submit the application forms the next day, would that be acceptable? Or is there a qualifying period i.e. 3 months after obtaining the insurance?

Thank you very much for your help!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Post-BREXIT EU right to stay - registration certificate

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Under what grounds does your father hope to stay? Doesn't seem like he's your dependant...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amofe
Newly Registered

Post by Amofe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:36 pm

He is currently unemployed but looking to become self-employed again. At the moment I'm the only working member in the family so I thought in this way he is dependent on me. But I'm not 100% sure which is why I'm asking which form is suitable for him.

The close/extended family member of QP form is quite long but I can provide necessary supporting documents. On the other hand the QP form is much shorter, just 35 pages, but I'm not sure if we have all evidences for "self-sufficiency", I'm actually unsure how much we are supposed to show:
- all his savings (literally everything he has right now or enough to live independently in UK, if so how much, what is the very minimum he must be able to cover on his own?)?
- his own flat in EU?
- all stock investments?
- anything else?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:57 pm

But if he's supporting you as you say how can he be dependant on you?

AIUI dependancy is the whole crux isn't it?

Amofe
Newly Registered

Post by Amofe » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:58 am

I agree but we're only considering the depencency form because I believe I can provide strong evidences as his sponsor. So you think we should go for him as self-sufficient? I looked at the form for that and I don't know if our evidences will be enough, is it just showing simply his savings in bank statements, that he has the money to stay here? What is enough?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Maybe you can post an immigration timeline because I'm really not getting this scenario especially wrt who's dependent on who.

Who is the EEA person exercising a treaty right here?

Amofe
Newly Registered

Post by Amofe » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:54 pm

Thank you for your help, here are our timelines:

Me:
Oct 2011-June 2016 full-time student (supported by father, had EHIC for 4 years only)
Feb 2017 - present part-time worker
--> worker QP

My twin siblings:
Sept 2015-present full time students (on student loans and supported by me and father)
--> student QP + CSI

Our father:
Aug 1999-Jan 2015 self-employed in EU, since then unemployed
Nov 2015-present living with me in UK, currently attending Eng classes, looking to open a new business here.
--> dependent? or self-sufficient QP? + CSI

Have we chosen correct application forms? I think only me and my siblings are exercising a treaty right as worker/students. I'm unsure about my father

I keep worrying that they might not find our evidences sufficient if we go with self-sufficient QP form for my father (which now I realise you're absolutely right, he is not dependent, he is supporting all of us so definitely is self-sufficient). I have this idea stuck in my head that if I provide a letter from my boss/company, with signature and stamps, for dependent form, it will be a much stronger evidence from me as a sponsor. Please tell me if I'm wrong, I'm still reading up on the self-sufficiency evidence but they don't provide anything specific so it's all up to the applicant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Sorry, just trying to understand who the EU citizen is in your posts and what nationality is the EU citizen and you/siblings etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amofe
Newly Registered

Post by Amofe » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:08 pm

We all are EU-Polish.