ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Counter-signatory in UK for child's application from india

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jijo883
Newly Registered

Counter-signatory in UK for child's application from india

Post by jijo883 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Am looking to apply in the coming weeks, and learning about the process and documents required for the passport when applying from outside the UK.

Now for my child's passport from india can I have someone in the UK sign and attest the form and the photo?
I mean they know me well and I could post the application form and photo and get them to sign it and send it back to me?

Have any of you done this or does it not work that way?

Thanks,
jijo

vinny

Re: Counter-signatory in UK for child's application from ind

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:06 pm

How are they going to compare the current true likeness of the child's photo to the child, without actually meeting the child in person?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jijo883
Newly Registered

Re: Counter-signatory in UK for child's application from ind

Post by jijo883 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:11 pm

emm..through pictures, Skype, video calls? If it's got to be in person then I guess it's not an option.