ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turnover issue

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Turnover issue

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Dear Gurus,

In the first year of my business in the UK, I had a turnover covered all my expenses at that time, this year I did my best to get a contract, I quoted 30-40 orders, I spent 60K to grow my business, but there was no turnover, I had 4 employees, they worked with me but the result was zero turnover, in my home country I spent 3 years in my business all in loss then I built it to get millions $, I am doing my best in the UK, but my business is not easy, it is in heavy equipment machines and infrastructure materials.
I am afraid from tier 1-genuine entrepreneur test, HO will see £1m in my accounts as a director’s loan without turnover. My business will success in the future 100%, but it is 3 years here in the UK to let HO sees my activities, they do not understand such business to be built in many years, not in 3 years.
I do not know how to persuade them about that.
Please advise,

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Turnover issue

Post by tier1in2014 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:07 pm

I don't think profit, loss or turnover make any big effects on ext . As long as your business is genuine and you provide all the documents to HO as per there requirements .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:30 pm

It has no effect on the extension or genuineness.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Someone who is not genuine will not invest 1 million of funds in their business.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:52 pm

zimba88 wrote:It has no effect on the extension or genuineness.
Well if one opens a pizza shop and has no turnover genuineness will be suspected. Not an issue in this case.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 pm

There is no hard and fast rule. We are not in a position to make a call on genuineness of someone's business. It is entirely up to HO to question applicants and determine this
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FSD

Post by FSD » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:18 pm

If nature of your business demands long time to generate revenue for example sale of heavy machinery for a specific industry is a long term process as clients can take many months or even years to decide so revenue comes very slow but in huge amounts. If you are doing exactly according to HO guideline and they call you for interview then you must have every evidence and knowledge to defend this. I do not see any problem but you must be ready for this and i also suggest you to find out the ways to grow your business as we are here to establish our business to earn after huge investments and facing hardships.