ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Ext - Employee Date of Birth

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amz

T1 Ext - Employee Date of Birth

Post by Amz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 am

Hi

One of my employee's date of birth was mistype in 2015-16 year RTI's and P11. Although this has now been rectified with HMRC but its still showing the wrong date of birth in his P11, P-45 forms. Would it be wise for me to add this in my cover letter along with his Passport with correct date of birth?

Would this be a major problem ?

Regards

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: T1 Ext - Employee Date of Birth

Post by sm12 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Do you have an accountant? Now that HMRC has been informed, I think those documents can be generated again.

Amz

Post by Amz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi SM12

Yeah I do have an accountant. I spoke with HMRC and they told me this is not a big issue at all, I can probably write a letter to home office and let them know about this clerical mistake. The thing is I am not sure If I can correct the details in Payroll Manager File and re-print the P11 and P45 for the employee. If that's the case, I can probably get it done by my accountant.

What If I mention this in my cover letter about the clerical mistake, do you think its worth the risk ?

Regards

Amz

Post by Amz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi

I was hoping also if someone could advise. My financial Years for visa application are 2014-15 , 2015-16 & 2016-17 .

My employees 2 of them started in April 2015 (after 5th April) which falls in my second year and the 3rd started in April 2015 (1st April) which technically falls in Year 2014-15 and she was not paid until May 2016. I was not getting director salary in 2014-15 Year (March 2015) so Technically I dont have RTI's for 2014-15 (March) and the employee started on 1st April must have been in March 2015 RTI. The P11 does say the start date of that employee, what would be the best way to go about this ?

Also all of my employees were for more then 1 year full time, so do I need to send the details for all of them or just 2 for which I am claiming points for ?

and finally, do i just send the RTI's covering the employment period i.e, (wnd and 3rd year) or do i submit 1st Year RTI as well where there was no employee just me as a Director.

Regards

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:26 pm

Amz wrote:Hi SM12

Yeah I do have an accountant. I spoke with HMRC and they told me this is not a big issue at all, I can probably write a letter to home office and let them know about this clerical mistake. The thing is I am not sure If I can correct the details in Payroll Manager File and re-print the P11 and P45 for the employee. If that's the case, I can probably get it done by my accountant.

What If I mention this in my cover letter about the clerical mistake, do you think its worth the risk ?

Regards
Ask your accountant if he can help you with regenerating the corrected documents, as HMRC has been advised about the mistake.
Also, the main document is the FPS, not the P11/P45. Check if that can be corrected with your accountant.
I know that from HMRC's point of view, it was not considered a big problem, but one does not know with HO. You will be submitting the passport copy, right? They probably won't check but technically they may note the difference in the birth dates by checking the passport. I don't know whether a cover letter would help. It would be better if the HMRC can send you a letter saying that you have notified them and that they have accepted your request.

Amz

Post by Amz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanks a lot SM12.

One last question, probably asked that before but not satisfied with the response.

My 1st year accounts are prepared and signed my previous accountant and my 2nd and 3rd year accounts are prepared nd signed by my current accounts.

The Job verification letter from accountant and 50K investment letter from accountant, do I get that from the current accountant ? since the jobs have been for the duration covered by both accountants.

Also with accountant's letter or my own cover letter, does it need to be mentioned anywhere that the previous accountant acted between such and such dates and the current accountant has been working after XXXXX date ? or i DONT need to mention these details anywhere ?

your swift response would be much appreciated, sorry to be a pain.

Regards

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Amz wrote:Thanks a lot SM12.

One last question, probably asked that before but not satisfied with the response.

My 1st year accounts are prepared and signed my previous accountant and my 2nd and 3rd year accounts are prepared nd signed by my current accounts.

The Job verification letter from accountant and 50K investment letter from accountant, do I get that from the current accountant ? since the jobs have been for the duration covered by both accountants. No, people change accountants and I'm sure the HO understands that. Did the same accountant sign the accountant's report for the first year? If so, and if you are planning to submit the first year accounts, then just check that the old accountant is still registered. The investment letter can be submitted but ultimately, the HO will look at the accountant's report that is in the accounts. The letter is not required according to the guidance, so it is optional.

Also with accountant's letter or my own cover letter, does it need to be mentioned anywhere that the previous accountant acted between such and such dates and the current accountant has been working after XXXXX date ? or i DONT need to mention these details anywhere ? You don't need to mention this, but if you want to, you can write it in your cover letter.

your swift response would be much appreciated, sorry to be a pain.

Regards

Amz

Post by Amz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks a lot mate, you are a star.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:22 pm

No worries.

Best of luck!