ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZamZam
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Application Questions

Post by ZamZam » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi

I am an EEA national with 5 years + 1 year PR and I booked my NCS appointment on 7th of April 2017. Now I have some specific question before to go there:

Application for naturalization, AN form:

1.I am divorced and I have an unmarried partner so my first question will be what is my marital status from UKVI point of view? Apparently I must ignore either my divorce or my partner and tick just one box.

2.If I am going to tick unmarried partner do I have to give her details? in section 1.32 AN or as an additional information?

3. Last year in december I've been served with 2 penalty charge notices from my city council, one for parking (windscreen sticker) and one for bus lane (by post). Do I have to declare penalty charge notices? If yes, then where in my application?

Passport application form:

1. Do I need a person acting as a countersignatory to fill in section 10 and sign ?

2. Section 5 is asking about certificate of registration or naturalization. I obviously don't have a naturalization certificate but I am not sure what is a registration certificate

I would really appreciate any suggestion on these issues. Many Thanks in advance.

ZamZam
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship Application Questions

Post by ZamZam » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi Rosina90

What do you mean by "photos for referee section"?

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:24 pm

ZamZam wrote:
Passport application form:

1. Do I need a person acting as a countersignatory to fill in section 10 and sign ?

2. Section 5 is asking about certificate of registration or naturalization. I obviously don't have a naturalization certificate but I am not sure what is a registration certificate

I would really appreciate any suggestion on these issues. Many Thanks in advance.
Are you applying for the passport using the joint application service?

If so you have to use the same photos for the passport application as you have attached to the citizenship application (reference page) - no need for anyone to counter sign.

Also, no need to fill out section 5 - only 1, 2, 3, 4 (no need for grandparents details) and 9 are relevant, as is 6 if applicable.

ZamZam
Newly Registered

Post by ZamZam » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 am

Thank you. Any suggestion for the other 3 questions, AN form related?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:17 am

1.I am divorced and I have an unmarried partner so my first question will be what is my marital status from UKVI point of view? Apparently I must ignore either my divorce or my partner and tick just one box.
You are NOT married.
2.If I am going to tick unmarried partner do I have to give her details? in section 1.32 AN or as an additional information?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ZamZam
Newly Registered

Post by ZamZam » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:01 am

Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for your answer. The issue is that at section 1.15 (AN form) says:

1.15 Current marital status (Please tick one box only)

Single/Never married Divorced or civil partnership dissolved
Married or civil partner Legally separated
Unmarried partner Widowed or surviving civil partner

NOT married is not an option...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:32 am

Unmarried then.

'not married' = single :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.