ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gaps in employment / not registered as job seeker

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muraenidae

Gaps in employment / not registered as job seeker

Post by muraenidae » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi! My husband wants to apply for PR, but in 2015 he spent just under 3 months job seeking without being registered with a job centre or anything. Will this break continuity?

Here's the timeline:

10/2010 - 09/2013 : Full time employment (fixed term for 3 years)
10/2013 - 03/2015 : Vocational training, thereby retaining worker status (hopefully! not clear whether the home office will recognise the vocational training, but let's just assume this for now)
03/2015 - 06/2015: (unofficial) job seeker, not registered, no CSI
06/2015 - : Full time employment

What are the chances for PR being granted?

ying688
Newly Registered

Re: Gaps in employment / not registered as job seeker

Post by ying688 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:53 pm

I had a 3 months gap between two jobs and received my PR. I provided job application emails and interview invitation letters as evidence to prove that I was a jobseeker.

aggusiap
Newly Registered

Post by aggusiap » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:46 pm

ying688 wrote:I had a 3 months gap between two jobs and received my PR. I provided job application emails and interview invitation letters as evidence to prove that I was a jobseeker.
When did you apply for PR?

I was informed that if not registered as job seeker than the period of 'unofficial job seeking' doesn't count. Did you have the health insurance during that time?

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks for the information! When did you apply?

bd577
Newly Registered

Post by bd577 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm

From my personal experience submitting evidence of looking for work in the form of printed out email correspondence with employers was sufficient. I was not registered as jobseeker and managed to get my PR.

ying688
Newly Registered

Post by ying688 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:36 pm

aggusiap wrote:
ying688 wrote:I had a 3 months gap between two jobs and received my PR. I provided job application emails and interview invitation letters as evidence to prove that I was a jobseeker.

I was informed that if not registered as job seeker than the period of 'unofficial job seeking' doesn't count. Did you have the health insurance during that time?
I applied last year in May. I wasn't registered as job seeker and didn't buy health insurance for that period. All I provided was printed emails that I was looking for work.

YOZ
Newly Registered

Post by YOZ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:58 pm

ying688 wrote:
aggusiap wrote:

I applied last year in May. I wasn't registered as job seeker and didn't buy health insurance for that period. All I provided was printed emails that I was looking for work.
Hi guys,

@ying688
Have you been living in the UK for more than 5 years at the time of application? I'm just as well a bit worried that 'unofficial job seeking' won't count towards 5 year period and hesitate whether to wait a couple more month before submitting application or not..

@aggusiap
Where did you get this information? Is it anywhere on official documents?

Thanks!

YOZ
Newly Registered

Post by YOZ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Just found an answer to my own question. Apparently unofficial job seeking is very well counted towards 5 years term.
For more details google: European Economic Area nationals qualified persons