ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nana1
Newly Registered

Citizenship Query

Post by Nana1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi all. I am new to this site . I am wondering if any one knows of anyone reciving approval within in the times stated but recieved no acknowledgement letters or any other letters but only recieved approval . My application was sent in september 2016 , I havent heard one thing . Im really worried at this stage :shock:

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Query

Post by max307 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Did you at least received the first / acknowledgement letter and original passport back? If so, you can contact them and reference you application number and they should be able to provide an update.

If you haven't received any letter or communication at all from them I would recommend to contact them referencing your GNIB number and full name and I'm pretty sure they will be able to find your case and provide you an update.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/co ... itizenship

One more thing, quickest way to get an answer from them is using the e-mail address.

Nana1
Newly Registered

Post by Nana1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi . Thanks for your responce . I have had nothing in writing and my wife contacted them by phone and they said there is no record of the application . Last week we went back to solicitor with another application but he said wait INIS have the application as he personally handed it in the post office and asures us this happens all the time. I dont know what to make of this a the woman at INIS said to my wife that six weeks at the most you will recieve a letter . I had no passport to get back as my solicitor sent certified copies . My wife also called today again and still no record in system and was told wait another week if no word apply again . Last week solicitor said wait a month and he was sure we would recieve letter by then if not he would chase it up . We are so fed up and just want to reapply but need solicitor to complete his bit on application . Its really hard waiting when your given the impression the application is not with them . Do you know of anyone have this happen . My wift thinks maybe no acknowledgment come as it was over looked due to them not having to return passport . I just dont know what to think. :shock:

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:02 am

This sounds very strange. If you have not sent an original passport with your application, then most likely you applied using an outdated form. In that case, surely citizenship department would have written to you or your solicitor?

Since August 2016, A new version of the application form was introduced with considerable changes in the application requirements.

And I hope the application was sent to Tipperary town and not INIS in Dublin.

I would have a meeting with your solicitor and request proof of postage and chase up with the DOJ. Something's not right. Thats 5 months gone :(

If the application disappeared in thin air, I would re-aaply asap, and by myself. It should have been very straightforward.

Nana1
Newly Registered

Post by Nana1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 am

Yes thats what we were thinking to , but the solicitor is not very forth coming on this and we need him for everything now . Very sorry now we let solicitor handle this but as you say it should have been straight forward , we did our part on the form and just left it with him to finish and post . I will call solicitor today again and ask where he posted the application to and see if he will give gbni number . I will update any new . Thanks for your sugestions very helpful indeed. :)

32counties
Newly Registered

Post by 32counties » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 am

]Yes thats what we were thinking to , but the solicitor is not very forth coming on this and we need him for everything now . Very sorry now we let solicitor handle this but as you say it should have been straight forward , we did our part on the form and just left it with him to finish and post . I will call solicitor today again and ask where he posted the application to and see if he will give gbni number . I will update any new . Thanks for your sugestions very helpful indeed.
@nana1

In my opinion your application is not submitted by your solicitor I am sure you will be mad , I know someone with exactly same story where solicitor kept saying it's proceeding but department had no record of the application eventually solicitor admitted that they may have lost it so I think you should apply again!!

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 am

Your GNIB Number and Department Number are in your GNIB card (Certificate of Registration), these are uniques numbers and should help them locate your file if it was posted to them.

If the solicitor sent the application using Registered Post then request the tracking number to see if it was delivered or not

You can also sned an e-mail to the Citizenship Division (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie), quote you GNIB and Department numbers and explain your situation.

Nana1
Newly Registered

Post by Nana1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am

Hi. Yes I have been thinking maybe the solicitor did not post but maybe he has posted it now and thats why he is so sure we will hear word in a month . I will try get him to email prof of postage today as INIS said if they had the tracking details from the post office they could track it down from there . INIS also said reapply as it seems strange I recieved nothing and they have no record of the application and as far as the lady was concerned 6 weeks at the very most for acknowledgment letter . We went last week to solicitor for him to complete the parts on the application and he just laughed and said it really wasnt necessary as he was sure we will hear something by next month!!!@#@# . So we are stuck in complete limbo unless he provides the proff of postage . I must say the ladies at INIS were as helpful as they could be , They searched for the name address and date if birth . Three different times my wife called and they all said the same thing . It was very strange and quoted the above. Does anyone know can you get any solicitor to complete the parts on the application if i wanted to reapply today . :(

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Nana1,

Regardless of whether your application was submitted in Sept 2016 or was submitted recently, you will most likely be expected to follow the latest application process (which requires that you submit your original passport instead of a certified copy) using the latest version of the form introduced back in Aug 2016. See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... g%2016.pdf.

As others have already advised, you need to get your solicitor to fess up and tell you if he has even sent the application out, and if he has, then when exactly he sent it out (with evidence)!

1) If your solicitor has not sent out the application yet, then ask him not to send it out. Prepare a fresh application in conformance with the latest procedure.

2) If your solicitor has already sent out the application, then you will probably need to wait for some communication back from INIS before you reapply, in order to avoid a confusing mess that a second concurrent application might create. Or, you could also contact them in a few weeks yourself to explain your situation and ask if it's okay to send in additional documents (your original passport, for example) that the latest application process requires.

If it gets to the point where you need to create a fresh application, I would avoid doing it through a solicitor again. The application form is really simple to complete on your own and putting the documentation together is also straightforward. Also, it seems from multiple posts on this forum that applications made through solicitors generally take longer to be processed. For the parts that need a witness or for documents that need certification, yes, you can use any solicitor. Apart from this, do everything yourself to avoid further delays.