ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drug Testing for Spouse Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Drug Testing for Spouse Visa?

Post by klite12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi,

So this is a silly question, I already know, but I thought I'd double check.

Is there any drug testing required for the spouse or for the person sponsoring the spouse? No history of drug use, nothing. I'm asking primarily because I've read somewhere that it is required.

I occasionally smoke so I am a bit concerned that this may impact the drug test. Can someone clarify this for me? Is it nonsense?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Drug Testing for Spouse Visa?

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:53 pm

No. Suggest stop reading gossip magazines or listening to people at the pub :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:54 pm

CR001 wrote:No. Suggest stop reading gossip magazines or listening to people at the pub :wink:
It just dawned on me because I was at a party and sitting in work today like "Oh god.. what have I done.." but I'm glad that's not the case.

Thank you, CR001. You're doing gods work here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:57 pm

You're welcome. Feel free to ask any questions you need clarity on, no matter how 'silly'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:08 pm

There is only TB test for sponsor's partners from some certain countries. Drugs & alcohol test usually randomly carry out at some sensitive work places as part of health & safety measure which is not yet required for spouse visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.