ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP - Company Name

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gmmi

WP - Company Name

Post by Gmmi » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:57 am

Hi,

My company is changing its trading name in next coming months. There will be no change to the current Company registration number, VAT registration, address or any terms & conditions of trading. In fact the only change will be on their invoices and other stationery.

I am wondering Would this make any impact on my ILR application? When It will be a new company name on the company letter. Its a blue chip company. I wont see any caseworker wouldn't recognizing its name.

Any thoughts please.

Regards,

Gmmi,

AlexCh

Re: WP - Company Name

Post by AlexCh » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:29 am

Gmmi wrote:Hi,

My company is changing its trading name in next coming months. There will be no change to the current Company registration number, VAT registration, address or any terms & conditions of trading. In fact the only change will be on their invoices and other stationery.

I am wondering Would this make any impact on my ILR application? When It will be a new company name on the company letter. Its a blue chip company. I wont see any caseworker wouldn't recognizing its name.

Any thoughts please.

Regards,

Gmmi,
I passed through the same situation - your employer MUST inform Workpermit (UK) about the name change. Workpermit (UK) will send you a new WP with correct name on it - no need to send passport as they do not change your visa or LTR stamp, the whole process takes about 5 days.

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:34 pm

AlexCh thanks for your reply. Can you expain the procedure to inform HO. Which application form is needed to send them? Do we need to send my current orginal work-permit with application.

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:45 am

AnyOne :roll:

We used to get response quick on this forum now its getting slower and slower.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:50 am

Since there is no information is forth coming here why dont you do the leg work and look for information on www.workingintheuk.gov.uk and let us know the details. Also you could email the home office and ask for directions and procedures. They may not respond immediatly but they do respond.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:28 am

Gmmi wrote:AlexCh thanks for your reply. Can you expain the procedure to inform HO. Which application form is needed to send them? Do we need to send my current orginal work-permit with application.
There is no special forms and procedures - my employer just called Work Permits (UK) and they told which documents they needed. After that my employer sent (by fax? I am not sure) a very simple letter and a copy of certificate of incorporation confirming the name change. Five days later we received a new WP. Work Permit (UK) also wanted to see a copy of my visa/LTR stamp just to be sure that I am in the country at the moment - we sent it by fax.

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:51 pm

Can someon tell me if there are 2 employer who aer filing my WP is that an offence from my side.

If I get both the WP document in hand how am I to know that in the books of HO whose employee I am. I am not going for an FLR since the new rule from HO from Nov 5.

Would I continure to be an employee of my old company
OR
employee of my company with WP document 1
OR
employee of my company with WP document 2

CHris

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:55 pm

why would you want to do that? to increase the number of applications in the queue? to waste HO and employers' time? in truth i would hope that if they found out they would cancel both permits and then one can ask if it was all worth it.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:15 pm

Chris,

Doesnt sound technically wrong to me but doesnt make sense either. Why would you want to indicate to two different companies at the same time that you are interested in working for them? Regardless of whom you choose you would have wronged the second party ethically speaking.

Regarding increasing queues, HO keeps their work permit applications up to date and they normally take 5 working days to be issued. It would be unlikely that both work permit permissions were being obtaining in the same week.

You must file your FLR before the expiry of your current visa. I think until it has not been processed, the HO records will show your old employer in the leave to remain/wp visa records.

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:42 pm

Take it easy guys!. My situation is

I am on bench on my current Co, so want a change.
There are 2 Co who are ready to hire me.
CO. 1 has project ready for me to work.
CO 2 whome actually I wish to join do not have any project for me right now but my prospects there are better.

Now I would like to work for Co 1. because I dont want to sit ideal and join Co. 2 as soon as I get a project through them.

Co. 2 knows my siuation.

What do you suggest??

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:04 pm

When does your current visa expire? How long do you realistically think CO2 will make you wait before they give you a project? You could choose the right option based on those two questions.

You want to work for co1 and then jump to co2 when the right oppurtunity comes along but not have to file flr in the next few weeks with a wait and watch approach? It looks messy if everything is happening in th space of a few weeks or a couple of months.

I would suggest that in the long term consider HSMP

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:40 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. HSMP is out of Question. I have heard feedback from some of my friends and they term this as money making game for HO.

As for my current leave is till Jun 2005.
I think Co 2 would be able to get me an offer not before Jan end. Till then the market will be quite, So I would rather hang on 'with a bird in a hand better then 2 in a bush'

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:47 pm

Well these days HO charges money for everything. Even for an FLRyou are paying £121 these days. Managed immigration is the new mantra where the burden is shifted from the tax payers to the applicants themselves. You can work for anyone you want without a work permit hassle with HSMP. Anyway thats your opinion, you are entitled to it.

I understand your situation. I would work for Co1 too given your situation.