ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing childs passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Renewing childs passport

Post by drdh4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick question; How early can I apply for my little girl's British passport renewal? Current one is valid till June 2018 and I would like to renew it in April 2017 ( if possible)

Please let me know if you guys have had similar experiences,

Many Thanks.

vinny

Re: Renewing childs passport

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 am

Probably similar to an adult passport:
Renew or replace your adult passport wrote:You can renew your passport at any time. When you renew your passport, time left on your existing passport is added to your new one, up to a maximum of 9 months.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by drdh4 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks Vinny for your reply,

I already had look at the page you suggested but unfortunately it doesn't say anything about renewing child's passport 14-15 months in advance.

any more advice please guys?

Thank you.

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:01 am

I have just spoken to IPS/HMPO about this. I want to renew my daughter’s passport 10 months before it expires as we are travelling expensively.

They confirmed that you CAN renew a passport WHENEVER you want. She said “if you want to renew it 1 day after its issued you can”!

Of course a new child’s passport is valid for 5 years and an adult passport for 10 years. Up to 9 months can be added if you renew prior to expiry. So basically if you apply up to 9 months prior to expiry you will not lose time on validity. Anything more than 9 months means you will lose some time.