ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency application without WRS registration

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Agnieszka82
Newly Registered

Permanent residency application without WRS registration

Post by Agnieszka82 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am Polish citizen living in UK for 11 years.

A year ago I have applied for Citizenship and got a refusal, based on that that I have changed the employer and I did not informed HO about it.

Frankly, I did not know that I had to inform them about it. Through those years I worked without any breaks. For last 10 years for the same employer. I believe, to HO the work I did until April 2011 was illigal. I even worked for a local authority for some time and no one checked whether I registered wth WRS.

In a refusal letter HO advised me to apply for a permanent residency card.

Currently, I have worked since April 2011 so in theory I would qualify for residency, my questions are:

1. Do I have a chance to receive Permanent Residency card if in the pass I did not inform WRS about employement change? I sincerely, did not know that I had to inform them.

2. In the application for residency card do I need to say that I wroked without permission ( I am referring to point 9.16 of the currernt EE(PR) form?

It seems quite unfair as It looks like I worked all the time without permission. And it is not the case, as I inform WRS about one employment and I worked here also from 2011, and WRS was not needed.

3. Would not notifying WRS /HO of employer affect my 'GOOD CHARACTER' and if yes, what should I do. Shoudl I write a covering letter to explain that I was not aware of a need of informing them?

4. Is there any point in asking a Solicitor for an advice? Do you know anyone who you could recommend?

I have rung HO but they do not say much. They said that they only look at last 5 years. But if that was true why would they ask about work without WRS and work permit.

When I asked all above questions - the adviser did not know what would be an implication.

To make things more complicated, I got married a year ago to a British person and for last few months I have been living in a fear not knowing what will happen after Brexit etc. This situation affects my personal / work and health life to the point that I feel like I have waisted the best years of my life for work here and now that all will go to waist.

I always thought that I worked legally and now this :?

I would be very very grateful if any of you could answer any of my questions and share some of your knowledge.

Thank you

Agnieszka82
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent residency application without WRS registration

Post by Agnieszka82 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi,

Could someone reply to my last post, please :? ?

Thank you

JsB
Newly Registered

Post by JsB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:47 pm

hi Agnieszka

Did you get any help with this? I'm in similar situation :?

Many thanks

ai20s
Newly Registered

Post by ai20s » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

1. Do I have a chance to receive Permanent Residency card if in the pass I did not inform WRS about employement change? I sincerely, did not know that I had to inform them.

Yes. However, your countdown to PR in this case starts from 1 May 2011, the date when WRS was discontinued. Thus, the earliest time you can apply for citizenship is 1st May 2017.

2. In the application for residency card do I need to say that I wroked without permission ( I am referring to point 9.16 of the currernt EE(PR) form?

Yes. But you can attach an accompanying letter with apologies and reasonably explain the situation. It worked for me.

3. Would not notifying WRS /HO of employer affect my 'GOOD CHARACTER' and if yes, what should I do. Shoudl I write a covering letter to explain that I was not aware of a need of informing them?

Potentially yes but in practice highly unlikely. A letter would help. Be polite and reasonable.

4. Is there any point in asking a Solicitor for an advice? Do you know anyone who you could recommend?

I did it myself. Got my PR after 4 months, which is reasonable given how overwhelmed they are now.

JsB
Newly Registered

Post by JsB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 pm

ai20s wrote:1. Do I have a chance to receive Permanent Residency card if in the pass I did not inform WRS about employement change? I sincerely, did not know that I had to inform them.

Yes. However, your countdown to PR in this case starts from 1 May 2011, the date when WRS was discontinued. Thus, the earliest time you can apply for citizenship is 1st May 2017.

Yes. But you can attach an accompanying letter with apologies and reasonably explain the situation. It worked for me.

Potentially yes but in practice highly unlikely. A letter would help. Be polite and reasonable.

I did it myself. Got my PR after 4 months, which is reasonable given how overwhelmed they are now.
hi ai20s

in your opinion will HO pass application with no WRS? I gave it to my employer, never seen it since and never asked for it again. I've been continously working for almost 12years. Since HO only needs 5yr would they look at period say from 05.2011 until 05.2016 and beyond. I provided purposely employment details firstly between 2011 and now and below 1st 3x jobs requiring WRS (2005 - 2011) which i have not got.
I don't get why one must supply WRS paperwork for period irrelevant to PR requirement.
I looked into obtaining copy of WRS and this looks painful and slow.

ai20s
Newly Registered

Post by ai20s » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:22 am

> will HO pass application with no WRS?

They did for me. I apologised on a separate letter that I included with my application.

> Since HO only needs 5yr would they look at period say from 05.2011 until 05.2016 and beyond.

Yes

>I don't get why one must supply WRS paperwork for period irrelevant to PR requirement.

I think not too carefully thought out application form is the most likely explanation.