ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR qualifying 5 years

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Susan26
Newly Registered

PR qualifying 5 years

Post by Susan26 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi
I lived in uk since 1995. I applied for residante permit in 2000 this expired 2005. I never applied for permante residance. I have never been out the uk for more than 90 days .
In 2004 I to ok maternaty leave and was still and contuio working after maternaty leave. I was receiving benefits so I decided that from 2005 to 2012 I worked full time. Then had a break of 6 moths not working in 2012, I took dog training course and was looking for work during this time. I started to work after tha 6 months break and am still presently working.
my question is

Do I have to proved prove since 1995 of all jobs or only from the 2005 to present.
Ialthough I might have been qualified PR earlier I feel it will be easier in 2005 onwards as I had 1 job during that period.

vinny

Re: PR qualifying 5 years

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:55 pm

It's your choice to pick any 5-year period when you may be a qualified person. However, after that 5-year period, you should also show that you haven't been absent for more than a continuous two years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Susan26
Newly Registered

Post by Susan26 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi
Than you for ur reply . Do I just write my working history as from 1995 and not send document. But only send documents p60 etc as from 2005 onwards until today.I have been receiving working tax credi and child benefit during these period will it affect my pr.

velar
Newly Registered

Post by velar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:50 pm

vinny wrote:It's your choice to pick any 5-year period when you may be a qualified person. However, after that 5-year period, you should also show that you haven't been absent for more than a continuous two years.
This will apply in my situation as my wife's (EEA national) qualifying period would have been from 2007-2013. Since then she's been a stay-at-home mother.

How would we prove she's not been absent for more than two years?