ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - Qualifying Proof

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

velar
Newly Registered

EEA PR - Qualifying Proof

Post by velar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi,

We are about to apply for the permanent residency card and are trying to get a watertight set of evidence to support the application.

Background - I am a British [born] Citizen and my wife is from the EEA. She has been living here for 13 years. The first four years were as a student (but with no medical insurance - didn't know that was a requirement back then). Then the next five/six years was spent in employment. After this we had our first born and she has been a stay-at-home mum since (and had baby number 2). We didn't get any comprehensive medical insurance since she left employment. I hadn't considered PR in all the time she's been in the UK but as a result of Brexit we've started to look into it and realised that in theory the only time she qualifies for PR is during her employment years.

Issue - As we never really considered PR before we now are in a situation where we don't have any originals for the evidence we are looking to / need to send, for her period of employment (2007-2013)

What we've done so far -
- Called the council and asked them to send retrospective council tax bills for the addresses we've lived at during my wife's years of employment
- Called the bank and asked for statements going from 2007 to 2013. They also said they would send a cover letter to include all the addresses they had previously been sending the statements to
- Spoke with my wife's employer and asked them to re-send P60s for the years she was employed

We've yet to receive anything, so not 100% sure if we'll get what has been promised.

Questions -
1) Will the documents above be sufficient to prove both the employment qualification, as well as UK residency
2) Are there are documents we can try and get (anything from HMRC?) to help provide more evidence to support the application?
3) Would it be worth contacting the private health insurance company (a perk of her job during employment) to confirm enrolment during the years of employment?
4) Any other advice / things to be aware of

Many thanks in advance

too old
Pakistan

Re: EEA PR - Qualifying Proof

Post by too old » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:04 am

If you can prove that your wife has been working for any continous 5 years and have evidence like Pay slips, bank statemnts, p60S ETc then you are fine and they dont have to be of the same address as long as it is conitue 5 years emplpyments and the evidence to back that up. it seems you are fine you just need to compile it and post it.

velar
Newly Registered

Post by velar » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how unfavourably they look at copies / printouts over original documents?

We've heard back from the employer that they'll only send us soft copies of the P60's. We'll ask if they can post us a covering letter to also confirm continuous employment for the five years.

prforyou
Newly Registered

Post by prforyou » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:10 pm

HO is asking for 2-3 documents of evidence per year from 3-4 different sources. In order to get a good idea what you can safely send, I recommend to read their guidance to fill out the EEA (PR) form. Creativity is limitless, but think also GP letters or confirmation of registration, any NHS or hospital letters before or after giving birth and having scheduled appointments or health visitor letters, school, nursery etc letters, mobile phone bills, perhaps gym or club memberships, etc.

In addition to the 5 qualifying years in the past, she needs to provide evidence of continuous residence since those years.