ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) Timeline to expect?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

veronirbs
Newly Registered

FLR (FP) Timeline to expect?

Post by veronirbs » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:11 am

I am 20 years old and applying for renewal of limited leave to remain, I don't know what to expect as I never did this alone before. I feel very overwhelmed and worried. my solicitor sent application 29.02.17 and something was signed (I am assuming they got my application ) for by flr (fp) office the 1.03.17. they took £811 application fee on the third from my account, however I am wondering when I will receive the receipt of application letter as I need something to show my employer or I may lose my job. I already showed them proof of postage but my visa expires 24.03.17 so I am anxious as I will need this letter to extend my right to work for an extra 28 days. I am reading and some people wait 3 months for a final decision I am worried as my work are only giving me an extra 28 days after the 24.03.17 with this receipt of application to work and I doubt it will be done by then. I am just wondering why it is taking so long to get the receipt of application letter, as it is going on to two weeks since application without it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (FP) Timeline to expect?

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:25 am

If you applied before your visa expired, your existing conditions and ability to work continue. You should receive a letter to do your biometrics in the next couple of weeks.

See the timeline thread below for information.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-fp-f ... 10-80.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

veronirbs
Newly Registered

Post by veronirbs » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:33 pm

i know you have right to work after you send application but my work will only give me an extra 28 days and i haven't even got a receipt of application let alone a bio-metric letter. I am very confused and worried as to why, I am reading on here they dont send receipt of application letter anymore but my solicitor has not said this to me. Also it says up to 8 weeks on the HO website but some people on here are waiting u to 6 months for final response. I dont understand why

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

veronirbs wrote:i know you have right to work after you send application but my work will only give me an extra 28 days and i haven't even got a receipt of application let alone a bio-metric letter. I am very confused and worried as to why, I am reading on here they dont send receipt of application letter anymore but my solicitor has not said this to me. Also it says up to 8 weeks on the HO website but some people on here are waiting u to 6 months for final response. I dont understand why
Ask your employer to use the online Employer Checking Service to confirm your right to continue working.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

FLR(FP) applications are expected to take longer to assess due to the general complexity. Why are you unable to apply for FLR(M)?

Have you applied under the FLR(FP) Partner or Parent route? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

veronirbs
Newly Registered

Post by veronirbs » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:01 pm

i am applying due to private life my parents brought me in 1999 when i was 2. i applied for ilr 2013/2014 but was granted discretionary leave in 2014. i dont have kids.
i keep trying to tell my work, but idk if it is just there policy but they are saying extra 28days then they call the home office so i dont know what they will do. this whole immigration thing has made my life a mess i cannot even go to university because of it and to lose my job i wont have anything.

elfaen
Newly Registered

Post by elfaen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:25 pm

I am also in the same boat as you. I came here as a child (in the 90s i am now 26)and applied for an extension at the end of November but I am still waiting. So you may be waiting a while too. Fingers crossed for both of us!.

flrfptoilr10yrs
Newly Registered

Post by flrfptoilr10yrs » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:37 am

i came through student visa in sep 11-2007
stayed in psw from 2009 - 2011
2011 - 2013 tier 1 general (2 years ) further extension
2013 - 2016 tier 1 extension
2016 feb 27th applied ILR (5yrs route) which got rejected based on genuine income in self employment( i dont have amendments) on feb 2017 and i applied for admin review which also got rejected on april.
am in short of 4 months for my ILR (10yrs route)..
am literally confused whether to go for flr(fp) or judicial review??
TO apply for flr(FP) saying strong grounds i dont have a child am newly married and she is dependent of mine..
i need a help from u all please

Byren97
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Byren97 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:06 am

elfaen wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:25 pm
I am also in the same boat as you. I came here as a child (in the 90s i am now 26)and applied for an extension at the end of November but I am still waiting. So you may be waiting a while too. Fingers crossed for both of us!.
Did you guys get an a good outcome?
In exactly the same situation. Came in 97 and got discretionary in 2015. Renewing in next week and dreading it!!