ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa to resident permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dsanchez

Tourist visa to resident permit

Post by dsanchez » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:34 am

The slovak consul have told me that they will issue for me a 3 months tourist visa and that then while in Slovakia I can make the arrangements for the resident permit (I'm in Peru moving to Slovakia with my slovak wife)

Is this normal?. I have readed in this and other pages that tourist visa can't be switched to anything. However, when I asked the consul if she would issue me a visa type D she said that not, that tourist visa is enough.

Anyone with a similar case?

My surprise is because I rather apply for a tourist visa here in Peru (in the austrian embassy), instead sending all my pappers to the slovak embassy in another country.

ryangiggs11
Newly Registered

Post by ryangiggs11 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:25 am

I don't think that you clarified your nationality. I am assuming that you are Peruvian because that is your place of residence. Slovakia will allow those with work contracts the right to residence in Slovakia until the work permit is issued. When the work permit is issued, then you would need to register with the local police where you must file for your residence permit.

As it is unclear under what standard you would go to Slovakia under, it would probably be best to contact a relocation company there to ensure that you are complaint with immigration regulations.

dsanchez

Post by dsanchez » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:28 am

ryangiggs11 wrote:I don't think that you clarified your nationality. I am assuming that you are Peruvian because that is your place of residence. Slovakia will allow those with work contracts the right to residence in Slovakia until the work permit is issued. When the work permit is issued, then you would need to register with the local police where you must file for your residence permit.

As it is unclear under what standard you would go to Slovakia under, it would probably be best to contact a relocation company there to ensure that you are complaint with immigration regulations.
Thanks for the answer. I'm going to Slovakia to live with my slovak wife (yes, I am peruvian and we both are in Peru now). We asked in two slovak embassies and also in the slovak migration office of the city we are going and they say that with a TOURIST visa, is ok to start the process for the resident permit. Strange, but looks like it works like this there.