ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of employer and SOC code, does it impact ILR?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johndepaspire
Newly Registered

Change of employer and SOC code, does it impact ILR?

Post by johndepaspire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello Group members and admin,

I work for a company on a Tier 2 general visa which is taken over by another company and as per the TUPE process the change of employer will be over soon(raised a query on this before in this forum). Now I have a question regarding change of SOC code of my job role. SOC code as per current CoS is 2136 and the new employer wants to use my service in a bit different role which has SOC code 2135 as per SOC 2010. Will this change of SOC code impact the ILR application later on? Both the codes are related to IT industry and there will be changes in my responsibilities which is why the change of SOC code. I will be eligible for ILR after 6 months with 5 years Tier 2 route. The guidelines document doesn't specify this scenario so I want to clarify the forum. Any advise on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, JD

ozayh.malik

Re: Change of employer and SOC code, does it impact ILR?

Post by ozayh.malik » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Changing employers with the different/same job doesn't affect your ILR period. You can change as many jobs as you want with the different employer.

johndepaspire
Newly Registered

Re: Change of employer and SOC code, does it impact ILR?

Post by johndepaspire » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:50 pm

ozayh.malik wrote:Changing employers with the different/same job doesn't affect your ILR period. You can change as many jobs as you want with the different employer.
Thanks Ozayh.