ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MIR calculation verification + evidence time frame

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Intellitubby
Newly Registered

MIR calculation verification + evidence time frame

Post by Intellitubby » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi there. I'm hoping to move my amazing wife over from Canada, we're applying in the first few days of May.

As is likely with many people, we can't afford an immigration Lawyer and are instead relying on common sense and reading all rules etc. However i realized this board (which has been used for reference before) could also be of direct help, if anyone would be so kind.

I would like to know if how i am working out this calculation is correct

I get salary, overtime and other pay from my current employment, so i worked it out like this

Salary = 13000

Overtime = (over 6 months) 2400/6x12= 4800

other = (over 6 months) 1800/6x12= 3600

13000 + 4800 + 3600 = 21400

Is this calculation correct?

I also would like to know how relevant my p60 will be. It is dated till April 5th, but i don't recieve it till April 27th, i'll send it over to my wife through overnight so she'll get it on the 28th/29th along with my passport and all other evidence. She will apply and send it away but does this mena my finances has to be worked out till the end of april, or the end of march?

The end of april poses a problem, as it basically means my p60 is secondary evidence rather than primary due to it not including Aprils wage, plus it means i'd have to wait till my April pay to get bank statements etc and to do the calculations. Is this right? I really hope not :)

Any help at all would be so appreciated from others that have went through this and are far more knowledgeable that me on this topic

And thank you all for making this a thriving community with updates, places for questions and a database with a wealth of information. It's incredible

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MIR calculation verification + evidence time frame

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:59 pm

What is the 'other' income?

P60s not necessary. HO want to see payslips and bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Intellitubby
Newly Registered

Post by Intellitubby » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Other income is from hours i do with the same company, but paid at a different rate

Really? That's a relief

Intellitubby
Newly Registered

Post by Intellitubby » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi sorry, is anyone able to answer my original two questions? I'm grateful for the information about the p60, but can someone tell me how long i have between financial evidence happening (i.e pay date) and how long it's relevant for (i think i read 29 days somewhere, but i'm unsure)

And also if my calculations are correct?

Thank you so much guys :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:41 am

My understanding is that for variable income the calculation will be made by taking the lowest month's pay in the last 6 month period x 12 to give the annual income level.

The most recent of the 6 months payslips and the corresponding bank statements must be no older than 28 days on the date the application is submitted.

You will also have to submit a contract or letter from your employer on company letterhead confirming the terms on your employment and that this is ongoing.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:40 pm

In case of variable income which falls under non-salaried person the average income of the last 6 months will be taken to calculate yearly income instead of taking the lowest income which is uusually in case of salaried person who gets fixed income but he has received any lower income in previous 6 months then that lowest income will be used to calculate yearly income.
In case of variable income/non-salaried person the following formula being used to get average then yearly income.

Total of last 6 months wages/6×12= ?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Seagul is correct in answering your question... in case of non salaried variable wages, the ECO will add 26 weekly wages slips, divided by 6 then multiply by 12... ( sum of 26 weeks / 6 x 12 = equvilant of annual gross income.. this formulae only applies to non salaried variable income.... if you are salaried then it's different calaculation......... they used to take the lowest income on non salaried variable income, but it has been changed a while ago because it was challenged and it didn't work...

Intellitubby
Newly Registered

Post by Intellitubby » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:56 am

Hi, sorry, this has just made me more confused

I am on both salaried and variable

As i stated, 13000 is salaried, the overtime and other hours are variable.

I can't claim non-salaried, as i'm salaried

I can't claim salaried for the overtime and other hours, as they're variable.

Hense my original calculation of 13000 + overtime over 6 months/6 x 12 + other hours over 6 months/6 x 12

Is this not correct? and if not could you tell me why not?

Thank you again

P.S all income is from same employer

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:24 am

If your total gross income varying every month by including your overtime income to salaried income then I think you are on non-salaried.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:26 pm

As you are on salaried income you will be unable to rely on Cat A unless your lowest gross monthly wage slip in the last 6 months x 12 meets the income threshold required.

If the income is variable you could apply under Cat B providing in the last 12 months you have earned the gross threshold (£18,600) required and your employer confirms in writing that you continue to do so.

It may be safer to apply under Category B with the last 12 months payslips, assuming these equate to £18,600 p.a
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Intellitubby
Newly Registered

Post by Intellitubby » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Okay, so variable it is

One last question, and thank you all for the help

I won't be penalized or run in to trouble by putting "variable" when, even though i am variable (and it is over £20,000 i earned) my payslips show that part of this income is from salary, will i?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Intellitubby wrote:Okay, so variable it is

One last question, and thank you all for the help

I won't be penalized or run in to trouble by putting "variable" when, even though i am variable (and it is over £20,000 i earned) my payslips show that part of this income is from salary, will i?
Not at all.
(Casa, not CR001)

Intellitubby
Newly Registered

Post by Intellitubby » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Excellent, thank you all for your help :)

Here's hoping it all goes well