ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!! Irish law --> registration law ??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wen
Newly Registered

Help!!! Irish law --> registration law ??

Post by wen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi all, I really need a help now.
I registered in a college in dublin in 2006, but I didnt attend any classes, didnt attend any exams, because of busy working.

But yesterday, I got a solicitor letter, asking me to pay several thousand EURO fees, otherwise the Sheriff of the city of dublin gonna break into my apt to take all goods for sale..

Could anyone tell me that do I have to pay the fees if I registered without any attending?

Or anyone hase good suggestions how should I respond??

Please...

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 pm

wen wrote:Is there any legislation on Working Visa Holder, who want to setup his own business in Ireland?

I am currently holding a working visa in IT field. And willing to register a business permition to run a fast food restaurant. Not sure if it is allowed...

Any buddy with info.. plz do post up.. :wink:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#131101
We’re both Chinese nationalities, have been living in Ireland for the last 7 yrs. We married in February, 2006 and our marriage lasts for about 10 months (divorced in Dec 2006). She got her Spouse visa in last June (one year time until now, and is validate up to end of 2007 as my visa is expired that time). I’m on a working visa (stamp 4) in IT field at the moment.
Hope that’ll help …
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#98152

What's the real story?

wen
Newly Registered

Post by wen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi Archigabe, I think my post is very clear. And this one has nothing to do with my previous post. dont understand why you are so interesed in digging someone's privacy.

As I said the real story is that I registered a part-time study in a college in 2006, but I didnt attend any classes & any exams, as I was unable to cop my busy working with night study. that is the real story.

My question is that do I have to pay the fees? (In my case, I didnt attend any classes & exams)

Hope I made you clear, thanks..

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:06 pm

wen wrote:Hi Archigabe, I think my post is very clear. And this one has nothing to do with my previous post. dont understand why you are so interesed in digging someone's privacy.
You have no privacy when you post in a public forum. It sounds to me like youre trying to dodge the system. If you are a registered student you have a contractual agreement with the college to pay the fees. It was your responsibility to inform them that you did not wish to continue with the course.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Sorry, I was confused because you said you were on a work permit in one post, and it seemed that you were on a student permit in the lastest post .
Last edited by archigabe on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:05 am

when you came to ireland where you allowed to stay here because

(a) you got a student visa - stamp 2

or

(b) you got a work permit - stamp 1

if it is a, you say you actually registered for college, meaning you got a place in a course. in order to get student visa you must show that you have funds to pay for course. if you registered, you have taken someone's chance/place in course. why do you owe money. i really doubt the college will care, particularily if you have stamp 2 becuase that was the soul reason for you coming to ireland.

if you are stamp 2, you will not be able to get another one because you failed to attend course and you worked more than 20 hours which is against the law, and would be liable to deportation. reason for student stamp is for study.

now however, if you have work permit, well that is different so ignore last bit. i do not see why you would not be asked for fees, you did register. it is not up to the college to make you attend your course. did you previously contact them telling them that you wish to cancel the course. you may have then be able to get some but not all your money back. as the other person said, you entered into a contract and a place was reserved for you. you have failed to carry out your side of the agreement by not paying and not turning up stopped them fro carrying out their side (teaching you)

i suggest you seek legal advice, because if you owe money and are legally entitled to work, you might be liable as you booked a place in the course. by the way, the sherif does not break into your apartment. he will be legally authorised to enter your apartment