ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED- MARRIAGE OF CONVE- URGENT HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bollox
United Kingdom

EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED- MARRIAGE OF CONVE- URGENT HELP

Post by Bollox » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm

I have applied for EEA family permit from India. I am Indian citizen and my wife in German, already living and working in London. I have received refusal with appeal. Please advise me further, second application or appeal or both.

The grounds of refusal are-

You state that you first met in London in 2013 and that your relationship began in August 2016. You then state that you were together regularly until you married on the 21st of February 2017 in Denmark, since which time you returned to India.

Although you have provided photographs purporting to be of your wedding the only on these images are you and your sponsor. There are no official photographs, no other guests such as family or friends. None of the images are dated, digitally or otherwise. As you have known each other, and as you state, seen each other regularly since 2013, your relationship commenced in August 2016, I would expect to see more images of you and your sponsor in situations with both family and friends. I consider that this would be usual in any genuine and sustained relationship.

In addition to the above you have provided minimal evidence of contact between you and your sponsor consisting of screen captures of call records, however, there is no account name, no content and as i can only see the outgoing UK phone number I cannot identify the parties to the call. These records should be official call record documents or bills showing the account holder, identifying the parities to a call and all should be dated.

You state that you are unemployed with no form of income and yet have shown no evidence of support from your sponsor such as regular money transfers.

I am therefore satisfied that on the totality of information and evidence before me that it is more probable than not that you were and are a party to a marriage of convenience and that you entered into it for the purpose of enabling you to gain entry into the United Kingdom. I am satisfied that you are therefore no the family member of an EEA national in accordance with Reg 7 and that your marriage is one of convenience in accordance with Reg 21B (1) (c) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Reg 2016.

I have submitted 26 photographs of me and my wife. Most of the pictures were from the marriage ceremony. We chose Denmark to get married because it was easier in terms of documents and speedy too. We did invited friends and family but they could not make to the wedding due to short notice. I have also submitted other pictures apart from marriage. We never thought of taking pictures with friends and family. I accept that I have not dated all of those pictures.

Once I have come to India, we regularly use Whatsapp calling. I have taken screen shots of those records and submitted. I have no clue how to get proper call records, which ECO has mentioned in the refusal.

I have stated unemployed which i am at the moment. I have enough savings in my account for which I have submitted my bank statements. I donot think my wife needs to support me financially at this moment.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I am so shocked by this refusal.

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED- MARRIAGE OF CONVE- URGENT HEL

Post by tmonaghan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Have you thought about providing family or friends' statements? Invoices related to the wedding ceremony that took place?

Bollox
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED- MARRIAGE OF CONVE- URGENT HEL

Post by Bollox » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:41 pm

tmonaghan wrote:Have you thought about providing family or friends' statements? Invoices related to the wedding ceremony that took place?
I have submitted one of common friends statement. Next time I should consider putting invoices from the wedding.
Shall I reapply or do the appeal?

Still looking for ways how to show Whatsapp call records. Any suggestions?
Thanks a bunch.