ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority option possible if already had prior refusal?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IanandNin
Newly Registered

Priority option possible if already had prior refusal?

Post by IanandNin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 am

Hi
I want to apply (and pay the extra fee) for the priority service for my wife for a family of settled person visa.
She was refused twice when she applied for a visit visa (Because of lack of evidence, successful third time though)
I remember reading that you shouldn't used the priority service if you have previously been refused a visa.
But as this is a different visa does it count as a refusal i.e. in applying for priority service?
Should we put the previous visit visa refusals on the VAF 4A form.
Sorry I couldn't find an answer to this in previous posts.

Many thanks for your time

Ian

SoHopeful

Re: Priority option possible if already had prior refusal?

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:18 pm

My understanding is that any prior refusal regardless of category means an applicant is not eligible for priority service. It won't be an issue as such in regards to decision-making, just that you will have wasted money on a service you're likely not to receive. It is the same with in-country applications too I believe.

You need to include details of any prior refusals or negative immigration history because they will check and you will be penalised for not including it.

Yazzy
United Kingdom

Re: Priority option possible if already had prior refusal?

Post by Yazzy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Sorry to jump in but if a spouse visa was previously refused and then allowed in court and now we are extending that visa to FLR M, can we still not use the priority service?
Spouse Application: 7th January 2013
Application Refused: 18th March 2013
Appeal Allowed: 29th May 2014
Visa Stamped: 7th August 2014
FLR (M): Applied in Person at Croydon 12th April 2017
BRP Recieved: 18th April 2017