ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of becoming Citizen... Please urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shah1234

Date of becoming Citizen... Please urgent

Post by Shah1234 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi All,

I have very exciting news.. I have received approval for my British Citizenship application today.

I was in the process of applying for my parents visa from India and i had already filled form for their visitor visa stating in the cover letter that I have ILR and I was going to provide them the copy of my Indian passport as well as the ILR.

However, I am confused what exactly should I mention in their sponsorship letter and whether the approval letter should suffice the visa officer that I am permanently settled in the UK.

Please advise... should I wait until I receive the Naturalisation certificate of should I apply for their visa by providing the Approval letter?

Also.. Is today my date of becoming British Citizen or the date when I receive the Naturalisation certificate?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,
Shah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Date of becoming Citizen... Please urgent

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:25 pm

You are only British once you have attended your ceremony and received your certificate. Until that date and event, you are a foreign national holding ILR.

Whether you hold ILR or BC makes no difference to your parents visit visa. They will still have to qualify for their visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.