ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Your friends and family'

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ginjarou

'Your friends and family'

Post by Ginjarou » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am

I'm extending my Japanese fiance's spousal visa and this time doing it via the online form. (2.5 years ago it was a printed form).

I'm sure this is a new question - in the Personal Information section, there is a question which states:

What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
Please provide details of these family and friends, for example, their names, relationship to you and where they live.

... Really? She has to list all her friends too? Family I can understand but friends ...

How many would you suggest is enough, surely there should be a limit?

vinny

Re: 'Your friends and family'

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:22 am

What about social media friends, e.g. from facebook, etc.? Some people have hundreds or thousands or more.

How do they define "friend"?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ginjarou

Re: 'Your friends and family'

Post by Ginjarou » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:14 pm

vinny wrote:What about social media friends, e.g. from facebook, etc.? Some people have hundreds or thousands or more.

How do they define "friend"?
Exactly, it's far too vague. I think I will just enter her direct family. If anyone has any suggestions or can remember what they entered for this I'd be keen to know. Thanks