ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent HSMP, EC travel to UK, wife diagnosed with bronchitis

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tipu20

Urgent HSMP, EC travel to UK, wife diagnosed with bronchitis

Post by tipu20 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi All,

I have urgent request, we will be travelling to UK very soon under hsmp, before flying my wife took the chest x-ray and she was diagnosed with bronchitis.

If there is any chance this will cause any problem while entering in UK? Or they only care about TB?

Also if London Heathrow ask for chest x-ray from specific port of origin or it’s based on nationality?

Thanks in advance.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:30 am

any one ??

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:34 am

As far as I knw..X-rays are mandatory only for certain job profiles...irrespective of the country of origin...Maybe you can check and reconfirm by browsing through the forum...there are several disucssions...

nairsanty
Newly Registered

Post by nairsanty » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Why are you worried? Bronchitis is not contagious is it?

As fas as it is not contagious TB you are allowed in. So even someone who had TB and is not currently contagious can come in - but will be subject to monitoring by the National Health Service.

Anybody coming in for more than 6 months from specific regions of the world are covered. Nationality has nothing to do with whether you can contract a disease. Its location.

If you have X-rays from home, carry it........if you show it at heathrow with doctors report - they may let you go without an examination - will save you half an hour to 1 hour waiting at airport - which is very very tiring after a long flight. All the best.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks everyone who replied, even if i had the x-ray it took around 1 hour to go through the medical and immigration only 4-5 people were in Q. Due to report the doctor did not ask anything about myself but he did see the X-ray for my wife and everything was clear after that and we were allowed to enter the UK.