ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS T2 General to ILR - Maternity Leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

supukura
Newly Registered
India

PBS T2 General to ILR - Maternity Leave

Post by supukura » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi,

I am on T2 general visa and have recently started my new employment and in my probation period. I am eligible for ILR in February 2018 and my employer is supportive of my ILR application.

I discovered that I am pregnant and may need to go to Maternity leave around October 2017. This means I will not be eligible for my maternity pay and will be on unpaid maternity leave for about 4 to 6 months.

I have few questions on how will this impact my ILR application and am hoping the forum will be able to help me:
- Can I apply for ILR (am I eligible for ILR) when I am on unpaid maternity leave as long as my company issues me a letter supporting ILR?
- I understand for calculation of income for eligibility for ILR, I can calculate a consecutive 12 months period in last 15 month. So, I can avoid 4-6 months when I am on unpaid maternity leave. Please, can you confirm if my understanding is correct?
- If my probation is extended, can it impact my ILR application in any way?

Thanks in advance!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: PBS T2 General to ILR - Maternity Leave

Post by iworker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 am

yes.
you need to have a salary of £35k plus.
they will only look at your salary just before you went on maternity leave.
As long as your current salary is over 35k, you should be fine.

supukura
Newly Registered
India

Post by supukura » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am

Thanks for your reply!

Would you also be able to provide your opinion on the Maternity Allowance? Are non-EEA nationals eligible to claim Maternity Allowance(MA) if they are not able to receive Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) from the employer? and Is MA classed as a recourse to public fund?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 am

i personally believe that MA is a benefit and non EU people are not eligible for this.
I think so as it has an impact on your other benefits.. which in turn means it is also a benefit.
However, i might be wrong.