ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office email "upcoming visa/leave expiry"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

Home office email "upcoming visa/leave expiry"

Post by madmedman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Hey guys. So I am resident in Ireland. Recently approved for naturalisation. Awaiting ceremony invitation letter.

Today I got an email from the Home office immigration enforcement team, requiring me to either leave the uk or apply for an extension of visitor visa. Surprised since I am not in the UK.

I have held multiple visitor visas to the uk and never received this kind of email before. The last I visited was in December for one day. I flew via Ryanair and drove back to Fishguard in my new shiny car that same day and took the ferry to rosslare.

My question is that could I have escaped their radar since I took the ferry?

How do I rectify this situation? I have already responded to the email and filled in the form stating that I have left the uk in time and have mentioned my ferry ticket reference number. But I think thats not good enough. Would you guys know an address or email where I could reply with evidence that I left the UK on the same day? Or this there a phone number I can ring?

I am absolutely sure that the email is legit since it mentions my name and the date of expiry of my current visa.

Any help, suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks.

madmedman
Pakistan

Re: Home office email "upcoming visa/leave expiry"

Post by madmedman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Guys would you suggest I write to:

UK Visas and Immigration,
Home Office, Customer Contact Centre,
Ground Floor,
Vulcan House - Iron,
Sheffield,
S3 8NS

or

Immigration Enforcement
1st Floor Seacole
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

or any other suggestions.

I have already emailed UKVI at:
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com
and
hocommunications@communications.homeoffice.gov.uk (the address I actually received the email from)
However, no acknowedgement or reply as of yet.

Just a little concerned as my future visa application could be adversely affected if I don't sort this matter out.
In the good old days, it was so easy to contact the home office.

By the way, I am already waiting for my file from them as I made an SAR request over a month ago.

Cheers.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for asking again. I received my file from the home office today. It does not state that I left the uk in December after I went there for a day. It does state the entry date though. I had bought my new car back then and left next morning via ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare. There were two pleasant police officers before boarding the ferry who examined my passport behind closed doors before returning it to me.

The UKVI email response was vague and not very reassuring. They basically said sometimes there can be delays in updated passenger data in their systems and sometimes the only way of knowing a person left the UK is after they apply for another entry clearance from their country of residence.

I haven't posted a letter to home office yet because I don't know which address to send it to. I do have the e-ticket for the ferry as well as the boarding pass.

Would anyone have any idea where I should be writing to?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Home Secretary?

Keep evidence of your departure in the UK in a safe place.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:26 am

Thank you Vinny. Was lost where to go.
Have all the boarding passes to hand. Will make copies and send with the letter.
Appreciate the help.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:07 pm

So this keeps getting better and better. I received another email threatening to take legal action against me because I overstayed my visa in the U.K. I am pulling my hair out because I even wrote to the Home Secretary as well as immigration enforcement in London with a copy of my ferry ticket that I left the uk four months before my visa expiry.

I responded to the email again with the usual drill, stated my departure details.

Would like to have a number and speak to a person. There used to be a number that you could ring the home office in the past but now lost what to do.

mspr335
United Kingdom

Post by mspr335 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:05 pm

hi ,I'm sure you would have checked the emails carefully. But just to be cautious , Please go through the below link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-scams

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 pm

mspr335 wrote:hi ,I'm sure you would have checked the emails carefully. But just to be cautious , Please go through the below link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-scams
Hi. I have indeed made sure that this is not a scam email. It mentions my name and the exact date my last visitor visa expired.

I got my SAR request recently and that doesnt show my departure from the UK.

So far, I have written to the home secretary and immigration enforcement. Have received no communication from either of them. Seems like my letters went straight to the shredder.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:02 pm

vinny wrote:Complain.
Thank you very much again Vinny. I am going to do just that. This has been a huge headache. The last email was bordering on harassment.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Mon May 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Hello again. I am going to post a letter and docs to the address you mentioned. An email will accompany it as well. To prove that I didn't overstay and am not currently in the UK, I am thinking of sending:

e-ticket from Fishguard to rosslare
The actual boarding ticket
letter from work stating I am in continuous employment.
bank statement to show I am getting paid by my employer
irish naturalisation cert to prove I attended a ceremony in Dublin
certs of courses attended
and of course copy of passport and visa.

Anything else that I could include or anything I shouldn't include?

Hello:2017
Newly Registered

Post by Hello:2017 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:10 am

madmedman wrote:
Hello again. I am going to post a letter and docs to the address you mentioned. An email will accompany it as well. To prove that I didn't overstay and am not currently in the UK, I am thinking of sending:

e-ticket from Fishguard to rosslare
The actual boarding ticket
letter from work stating I am in continuous employment.
bank statement to show I am getting paid by my employer
irish naturalisation cert to prove I attended a ceremony in Dublin
certs of courses attended
and of course copy of passport and visa.

Anything else that I could include or anything I shouldn't include?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 am

Should be okay.

Moreover, if you are now Irish, then it's difficult for you to overstay in the UK.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Tue May 02, 2017 7:34 pm

vinny wrote:Should be okay.

Moreover, if you are now Irish, then it's difficult for you to overstay in the UK.
Thank you very much Vinny. Much appreciated. The links you posted are very informative, as always.

Will send complaint over email and post and this should put the matter to rest. Will post back here if there's an update. Thanks again.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Just to update, got a response from UKVI a month after lodging my complaint. They emailed their letter as an attachment.

They have assured me that my records have been updated and that they are satisfied I left the UK before expiry of my visa.

Finally. Thanks again for the help vinny.