ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship & Passport for Baby born to parent with ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

igiosan
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Citizenship & Passport for Baby born to parent with ILR

Post by igiosan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Dear All,

I am hoping you can help me with the above issue.

I will like to apply for British Citizenship and Passport for my son who was born in Feb 2017. I have had ILR since November 2017 and I am slightly confused about the correct process to follow.

I have read about registration via the MN1 Form as well as direct application via the Post Office - but I will appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction.

My questions are:

1. What form/process do I follow with regards to applying for citizenship and British passport?
2. Are there any other requirements other than 1 parent having ILR for the child to be eligible for applying for Citizenship e.g. proof of exercising treaty rights?
3. Do I need to send my BRP/passport with the application?

Thank you in advance of your help.

Kind regards,
igi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship & Passport for Baby born to parent with ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:54 pm

igiosan wrote:I will like to apply for British Citizenship and Passport for my son who was born in Feb 2017. I have had ILR since November 2017 and I am slightly confused about the correct process to follow. Do you mean November 2016??
If child born in the UK after you have got ILR then the child is automatically British. Apply for a passport directly and you will need to send proof of your ILR.

2. Are there any other requirements other than 1 parent having ILR for the child to be eligible for applying for Citizenship e.g. proof of exercising treaty rights?
This implies PR on the EEA/EU route and NOT the UK route ILR. Which is it that you have?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

igiosan
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Citizenship & Passport for Baby born to parent with ILR

Post by igiosan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:58 pm

[quote="CR001"][quote="igiosan"]I will like to apply for British Citizenship and Passport for my son who was born in Feb 2017. I have had ILR since November [b][u]2017[/u][/b] and I am slightly confused about the correct process to follow. [color=#FF0000]Do you mean November [b]2016[/b]??[/color][/quote]

If child born in the UK after you have got ILR then the child is automatically British. Apply for a passport directly and you will need to send proof of your ILR.

[color=#FF0000]2. Are there any other requirements other than 1 parent having ILR for the child to be eligible for applying for Citizenship e.g. [color=#FF0000]proof of exercising treaty rights[/color]?[/color]
This implies PR on the EEA/EU route and NOT the UK route ILR. Which is it that you have?[/quote]

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your response and feedback.

I am Non-EEA

Kind regards,
igi