ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Been in uk since 2006 but has complication extra

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Confusedperson
Newly Registered

Been in uk since 2006 but has complication extra

Post by Confusedperson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 pm

hi all

Firstly thank you for your time reading my post. Thank you

I have been living in uk since sep 2006, I have been on student visa, tier 1 switched to spouse visa but i don't think my marriage gonna last, I have found out my husband has been unfaithful, it is a very toxic relationship, we had got police involved for domenstic violence but I dropped the charge. He has been threatening to report to home office to send me back. I don't want to get him in trouble because he is a damaged soul need help and his family have been kind to me.

I want to know what option I have here:
During this ten year I have left the country for a year because student visa ran out, I lived here as a tourist before I got my tier 1. Does tourist visa count toward continue stay? I am from a visa free country so when I arrive they stamped my passport for six months each time.

I have counted all the day I didn't leave more than 550 days within ten years and each time no more than 90 days.

I know it's not belong to this topic but if I file a divorce and report the pervious domanstic violence to home office to continue live in the uk will this get him intouble because I really don't want this to happen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Been in uk since 2006 but has complication extra

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 pm

During this ten year I have left the country for a year because student visa ran out
If you left the UK for a year, this has broken your continuity of residence. Any single absence of 180 days or more breaks your continuous residence for 10 years ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

genorp

Post by genorp » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:24 pm

You don't list all the dates such as when you switched to Tier 1, when you switched to spouse, and what dates were the year you were out of the country.

Depending on everything you may want to look into the feasibility of SET(DV) which is the ILR application for victims of domestic abuse.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 pm

genorp wrote:Depending on everything you may want to look into the feasibility of SET(DV) which is the ILR application for victims of domestic abuse.
Unlikely SET(DV) will be successful considering the OP dropped the charges. Also, much more than just a police report is required as evidence of DV.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.