ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error in Spouse visa application after payment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alos
Newly Registered

Error in Spouse visa application after payment

Post by Alos » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:58 am

Knowledgeable members of the board Can you please advice me on an error we made in Spouse visa application from outside the UK. My daughter in law applied for her spouse visa application from Dubai online. She has submitted the visa application on 22nd of March 2017 and paid both the visa fees and the NHS surcharge online. She has the appointment for Biometrics and document submission date set on Monday 27th of March 2017.

She has made an error in one of her answers and is worried it may affect her application negatively. In the Sponsor details section of the application she answered the question (85 WHERE IS YOUR SPONSOR NOW? UAE).
Actually her husband left the UK on the 23rd of March 2017 and reached the UAE the same day but that is one day after she submitted the application. She was planning to submit the application after his arrival while he is visiting her in Dubai but submitted the application a day earlier and realized the error only after she paid the fees and made her appointment for biometrics and document submission.

She is worried that the Embassy may view her answer as a straight lie since he was not in the UAE on the day she submitted the online application although he has arrived there the next day, and could therefore get her banned for lying. She can cancel the application now, request a refund and make a new application since she did not do the biometrics and the application was not processed but the problem with this option is that she MAY fail the 28 day rule for the pay slips as her husband's February pay slip was dated on the 23rd - 28th of February (the payment day. That is the way is it written although it is for the February salary and should be dated 28th?).
The other option is to explain in the printed application form that her husband is now in the UAE but arrived a day after she submitted and printed the online application and mention the same thing in the Appendix 2 hand filled form as well.

Kindly advice as she has a limited time frame to make a decision before Monday.
Thanks

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Error in Spouse visa application after payment

Post by KatieWills » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:01 am

I would handwrite his arrival date on the paper copy of the form. I believe the application is not counted as submitted until biometrics are taken and all evidence is submitted.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:26 am

[quote][/quote]

Thank you Katie for your reply and advice. I was thinking along the same lines but she is worried to death that technically speaking when she signed the declaration he was not in the UAE. Knowing the prevailing thinking of the Entry Clearance Officers these days I wouldn't blame her either. They look for every small detail to refuse visa applications.
Let us see if other members of this helpful board share the same opinion or have other suggestions.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:30 am

Correct it by hand on the printed form. Many members have done this and been successful.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you CR001

We will do just that and hope for the best

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:48 am

Ok. My daughter in law submitted her application on Sunday 26th of March (She advanced the appointment by one day and used priority service). She clarified her answer by handwritten comments on the printout of the online application. The visa application centre asked her to sign on her handwritten comments.
They told her she will get a decision on her application within 14 working days. That will be worth the extra fees if they conclude it within that time.
I will update the board if that is the case.
Thanks for the advice.

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Just to update the board my daughter in law received her passport with the visa stamped on today exactly 14 days from the day she submitted her biometrics and the supporting documents in the visa application centre in Abu Dhabi
It was really worth the extra fees for the priority service.
I would like to thank the board members for their valuable advice.

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Great news! :D
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:33 pm

KatieWills wrote:Great news! :D
A relief certainly. Thank you Katie for your advice. I was a bit hesitant at first but was encouraged by your advice as well as CR001 confirmation. Glad it went smoothly

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Alos wrote:
A relief certainly. Thank you Katie for your advice. I was a bit hesitant at first but was encouraged by your advice as well as CR001 confirmation. Glad it went smoothly
Excellent news. I think if you can list the documents which brought success then it would be more helpful for others then celebrating success alone.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Alos wrote:
Excellent news. I think if you can list the documents which brought success then it would be more helpful for others then celebrating success alone.
Thank you Seagull. I was just highlighting the priority service which many members has raised concerns about.
As for the application itself and the supporting documents she has arranged the documents according to the requirements.
■ Employment Proof
1) Employment Contract
2) Letter from the employer confirming the contract, type of employment, pay scale, start date and job title.
■Financial Proof
1) Six months original pay slip
2) Corresponing six months original bank statement
The last docunent of both sets is within the 28 day rule
■Accommodation Proof
1) Rental contract
2) utility bill including council tax, broadband, water, electricity and gas bills
■ Relationship proof
1) Marriage certificate (original in Arabic) legally translated into English
■ Intention to Live together
1)A letter from sponsor's former letting agency confirming that he has vacated that property as it was not suitable for a family ( it was a single occupancy studio flat)
2) A letter from the new letting agency confirming that the one bedroom flat he is renting is for his exclusive use and that they have no objection for his wife to live together
■ Communication proof
1) Sample screen shots of one year skype calls and WhatsApp messages.
2) Airline tickets showing the times he has visited her in Dubai (she has not visited him in the UK)
3) Photocopy of all the pages in his passport showing entry and exit stamps in those visits
4) Photos of them together for the times he visited her. ( Althoght they had married in the Dubai court and had the marriage certificate they did not do a wedding ceremony. He highlighted this point in his cover letter.)
5) Copy of a monthly remittance he sends her for her personal expenses.
6) A letter from her father confirming that he stays in the family house with his wife when he visits her in Dubai.
■English Language requirement
1) UKVI ILETS A1 from approved centre
■Application form (online) and the financial Appendix form to be completed by hand.
■ A Covering letter written by the sponsor emphasising each requirement: That they are adults, married, intend to live together in a genuine relationship, That he meets the financial and accommodation requirements and can support his wife without public resource. That his wife has passed the English requirement and that she has no criminal history either in the UK or elseware to warranty her exclusion and as she has met all the requirenents of the spouse visa I kindly request you to grant her a spouse visa.

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Many congratulations Alos on getting the Visa.
I was keen to know about the usefulness of paying for priority service in Dubai.
The VFS website is utterly useless alpha version, we had a lot of problems but in the end managed paying for the priority service.

1) I wanted to know about the Marriage certificate since we also got married in Dubai. Our Marriage certificate was in Arabic, got it legally translated to English, then stamped by Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai. Does it need anymore verification- say for eg from British Embassy/Consulate or from Pakistan Embassy in Dubai since we are Pakistan Nationals?

2) The photos you provided were printed on A4 papers or printed on photo paper like proper photographs?

I would be grateful for your quick reply since our appointment is for 24 May.

Thanks.

Khattt
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Arab Emirates

Post by Khattt » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Alos wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:48 am
Ok. My daughter in law submitted her application on Sunday 26th of March (She advanced the appointment by one day and used priority service). She clarified her answer by handwritten comments on the printout of the online application. The visa application centre asked her to sign on her handwritten comments.
They told her she will get a decision on her application within 14 working days. That will be worth the extra fees if they conclude it within that time.
I will update the board if that is the case.
Thanks for the advice.
Hi please can you advise how she used the 14 working day priority service. Thank you,