ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Work Permit?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suomynonA
Newly Registered

Visitors Work Permit?

Post by suomynonA » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi, I'm new here.
I was told there was such a thing as a Visitors Work Permit for Canada, and I have been looking into it, but not seeing anything on any of the government sites (which are a mess anyway). I'm basically just wondering if someone can give me some information on this? In case it makes any difference, my father is currently working in Canada (he just started), and I am named on his work permit as a dependent, as I am only 18 years old. Oh, and I'm in the country. And I'm from the UK.

Thank you to anyone who replies

Willy
Newly Registered

Visitors Work Permit?

Post by Willy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:37 am

Hi,

As far as I aware, there is no such thing called "Visitors Work Permit". It may simply mean that someone is holding both a visitor visa and a work permit.

However, not knowing your current status in Canada, it is difficult for me to provide further advice. In general, you can apply for work permit, as long as you obtain a positive LMO and meet the CIC requirement.

I hope it helps.

suomynonA
Newly Registered

Post by suomynonA » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:39 am

Thanks for the reply Willy.

I'm currently on an extended vacation in Canada, as I decided to extend my originally intended one month to six. I have not applied for a work permit or anything of the sort yet, though I do intend to. LMO is the Labour Market Opinion, right? I'm not too well versed on any of this stuff, but as far as I know, that means that I'm filling a shortage etc.

Anyway, thanks for the information, I appreciate it