ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i require COA??Pls help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ayatje87
Newly Registered

Do i require COA??Pls help

Post by ayatje87 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:56 pm

hello everyone

im really so dissapointed because about my previous post no one helped me!

anyway pls help me

if i am a non eea national dependant on a eea national and have the right to reside in the uk endorsed in my passport! do i require to apply for coa approval??inorder to get married here in england!

because i read on the website this quote:The rules on certificate of approval do not apply to you if you:

are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA); or

are the family member of an EEA national and have right of residence in the United Kingdom but are not yourself an EEA national;

so does the second option apply to my situation.plsssssssssssssssss help

because i phoned the registiration office and they said i need coa approval so im so confused.thnx

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:53 pm

are the family member of an EEA national and have right of residence in the United Kingdom but are not yourself an EEA national;
Seems like you don't need COA if that what it says on the website.Take a print out of the website and show it to the registrar.

Are you marrying the person on whom you are dependant or is it someone else?

ayatje87
Newly Registered

Post by ayatje87 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:33 am

Well the person im getting married with is himself eea national,the person im depending on is my step dad who is as well eea national.

so do u think i just print it out and take it to the registiration office!??