ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Apply PPS number?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

om84
Newly Registered

How to Apply PPS number?

Post by om84 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello Friends,

I arrive in Dublin recently. I am British national and looking for a work in Dublin. I had an interview last week and employer asked about PPS number.

I am looking for a room for myself and looking for a proof of address. May I know what sort of documents do I need to proof that I live this property if Tenancy agreement or bills would not be provided by Landlord?

Can I go to the welfare office and take my passport and NIC (UK) and request that need to apply PPS. I also went to the bank and they are also looking for a proof of address. I am very stressful and looking for a professional advice.

Best regards,

pukon_check

Re: How to Apply PPS number?

Post by pukon_check » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 pm

To om84
To open PPS u need a address proff and ur photo I'd.
In ur case get a letter from ur land and go to tax office you should be fine..
Or else if you have friend ask him give you a letter that you live with him..
Or if you ur job confirmation letter with
This u can open pps too.,
Once you have ur pps letter it will work as
Address proff so u can open bank acc
Hope it helps
Cheers

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:48 pm

om84 wrote:Hello Friends,

I arrive in Dublin recently. I am British national and looking for a work in Dublin. I had an interview last week and employer asked about PPS number.

I am looking for a room for myself and looking for a proof of address. May I know what sort of documents do I need to proof that I live this property if Tenancy agreement or bills would not be provided by Landlord?

Can I go to the welfare office and take my passport and NIC (UK) and request that need to apply PPS. I also went to the bank and they are also looking for a proof of address. I am very stressful and looking for a professional advice.

Best regards,
See https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Use- ... 1247.htm#4. Employers cannot ask you for your PPSN at the application stage. They can only ask for it when you're actually taking up employment with them. The usual sequence of steps is:
(1) You apply for a job. At no point in this step should you be required to provide your PPSN.
(2) Your application is successful and you are offered the job.
(3) You ask for a letter of employment from the employer.
(4) You secure a place to live and get proof of address from the landlord (alternatively, you have the address specified in the employment letter mentioned in (3).
(5) You use the documents from (3) and (4) and apply for a PPSN.
(6) You open a bank account using all the documents you now have.
(7) You give your PPSN and bank account details to your employer.

om84
Newly Registered

Post by om84 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I am currently waiting for the interview and it's not necessary I will get a job straight away. I have to find a part-time meanwhile I can pay my bills. In terms of the tenancy agreement, lots of people hire a house and they rent it out 3 parties or they don't want to provide tenancy agreement might be they are saving tax etc.

Is there any possibilities without employer letter or landlord?