ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee & Spousal Visa Application Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cblpah
Newly Registered

Fiancee visa application questions (Appendix 2 VAF4A)

Post by cblpah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is a long one but I am confused by a few questions and wanted any input I could get! For context, I met my fiance in the UK on a student visa and we lived in the same house for 8 months before I left for the US. Thank you for your time!

1.16 If you are an unmarried or same sex partner, have you been living in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership?
Not sure what to put here- does living together and paying for things count as "akin to marriage?"

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?
Again, will my answer to 1.16 count towards as YES for this question?

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
Is it okay to write that because we lived together, we both paid equally for activities, groceries, travel tickets, etc.? (And showing bank statements?)

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? If yes, please provide full details.
I intend on applying for jobs and working as soon as I receive an offer -- will this type of answer suffice?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Fiancee visa application questions (Appendix 2 VAF4A)

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:39 pm

cblpah wrote:Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is a long one but I am confused by a few questions and wanted any input I could get! For context, I met my fiance in the UK on a student visa and we lived in the same house for 8 months before I left for the US. Thank you for your time!

1.16 If you are an unmarried or same sex partner, have you been living in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership?
Not sure what to put here- does living together and paying for things count as "akin to marriage?" NO

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?
Again, will my answer to 1.16 count towards as YES for this question? NO

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
Is it okay to write that because we lived together, we both paid equally for activities, groceries, travel tickets, etc.? (And showing bank statements?) YES

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? If yes, please provide full details.
I intend on applying for jobs and working as soon as I receive an offer -- will this type of answer suffice?
YES but bear in mind that you will be unable to work legally until you have been granted your FLR(M) visa after you are married. It may be wise to make it clear in your application that you hope to work once you have your FLR(M) spouse visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cblpah
Newly Registered

Fiancee & Spousal Visa Application Questions

Post by cblpah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello, I have two questions I wanted to get some answers on.

On the personal details form for the fiancee visa (VAF4A), one of the questions is: On which date do you wish to travel to the UK?
My provisional wedding date is set for December, so ideally I would like to arrive around September- does the date I put down have an influence on the application/process itself?

Additionally, how far in advance can I start the process of acquiring the spousal visa after I get married in December? Could I schedule an interview before the wedding to take place right after I get married so that we can get the ball rolling on the visa?

Thank you for your time!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiancee & Spousal Visa Application Questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:04 pm

does the date I put down have an influence on the application/process itself?
No. You must marry WITHIN 6 months of arriving.
Additionally, how far in advance can I start the process of acquiring the spousal visa after I get married in December? Could I schedule an interview before the wedding to take place right after I get married so that we can get the ball rolling on the visa?
Immediately once married and you meet the requirements and you have your marriage cert. You can apply in person or by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cblpah
Newly Registered

Post by cblpah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
does the date I put down have an influence on the application/process itself?
No. You must marry WITHIN 6 months of arriving.

Yes, I am aware of the 6 month rule. I meant, what do they do with the date that I put down for that question?
Immediately once married and you meet the requirements and you have your marriage cert. You can apply in person or by post.
Yes I understand that I can apply in person or by post after I get married. I was wondering if I could schedule an interview date BEFORE I get married so that once I AM married, I can submit my materials and attend the interview immediately.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:29 pm

It is NOT an interview. You can make the appointment provided you don't use the online application form for the visa extension. Use the paper form then.

Appointments are not an issue any longer like they were a few years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.