ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence - Premium Service ? * Urgent *

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dspencer
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence - Premium Service ? * Urgent *

Post by dspencer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick question. I am now in the process of completing an online application for PR and gathering the required documents...

Does anyone know of a premium service available for PR ?

Many Thanks in advance,
Spencer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent Residence - Premium Service ? * Urgent *

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:19 pm

No, premium service is NOT available for PR under the EU route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Yes for now but they will create one very soon. Money speaking, just wait after Brexit.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

benjus
Newly Registered

Post by benjus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 am

Why do you want a premium service? The PR card doesn't give you any rights you don't already have. It just confirms your status. It's probably a prudent thing to do in the wake of the Brexit vote, but that won't actually happen for a couple of years. If your case is straightforward, your supporting documentation is all in order and you apply via the online system, you can reasonably expect to get the PR card in weeks rather than months.

If it's because you don't want to give up your travel document for a long time, look into using the passport return service if available where you live. Alternatively, if you have a national ID card you can use this instead of your passport for the PR application. If you don't have a national ID card but are eligible for one, consider getting one from your consulate before applying for PR and using the ID card for the application instead of the passport. If you have an ID card but not a passport, consider getting a passport from your consulate before applying for PR.

dspencer
Newly Registered

Post by dspencer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:36 pm

All,

Many many thanks for your replies. I have indeed researched it further myself and it does seem there is no such thing as a premium service for this route as of now...however I do agree things could potentially change post brexit...

I do have further questions re my application as follows :

1. I have a no insurance offence committed in 2015. As per my gov.uk records this will expire in 12 month - march 2018. In my online application I have mentioned the high-level details re my above offence but I was wondering if providing more context around it would help or would be regarded as a must have in this case. The reason I mention this is the offence was committed within 24 hours of the insurance being expired...after having moved address in past 4 months and forgot to update my address in order to be able to receive the renewal documents. The other important fact is that M&S Insurance did not send any other chasers/reminders than post/paper...which obviously did not help.
Have had a conversation with an M&S Insurance representative and she's confirmed that there was no type of communication other than paper / post.

My question is should I write a covering letter explaining the above ?
If the answer is yes, how would that letter look like ? Any template or rough idea how to structure it ?

I would appreciate any help with the above,

Many Thanks in advance,
- S

dspencer
Newly Registered

Post by dspencer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:13 pm

All,

Can you please help me with my issue ? Alternatively please point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,
-S

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:35 pm

My own approach would be to summarise the case & circumstances - I am guessing a caseworker won't have much time to go through and re-examine the original decision. Traffic violations are common and if it's a one off shouldn't be an issue. No templates available AFAIK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.