ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent visa extension on ILR holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

PBS dependent visa extension on ILR holder

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi All

I've gone through the different posts in the forum but have found somewhat outdated info and not quite what I'm looking for. I was hoping someone might be able to help me with some questions.

I'm currently on ILR having been on a Tier 2 for 5 years. My spouse came to the UK 3 years ago under a Tier 2 dependent visa, and her visa is currently expiring on the 16th of Sep. Could someone please answer:

1- My spouse will need to apply for a PBS extension even though I'm on ILR - correct? We are aiming for her to apply for ILR, and do not want to reset the clock.
2- When is the soonest that my spouse could apply for this extension? is it still 28 days pre-expiry date?
3- How long does the process take / is there a 'premium' route? What are the differing costs?
4- During this period, I assume my spouse will be unable to travel given she has no documents?
5- As an added challenge, I will be eligible for citizenship one day after her visa expires, and I plan on submitting a joint citizenship and passport application immediately (1 year of ILR). If my status changes during her application, will this have any impact on the outcome?

Many thanks to you all for your help on this.

WakeWakeWake

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependent visa extension on ILR holder

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Topic moved as ILR sub forum is not the correct place.
1- My spouse will need to apply for a PBS extension even though I'm on ILR - correct? We are aiming for her to apply for ILR, and do not want to reset the clock.
Yes, PBS extension is correct.
2- When is the soonest that my spouse could apply for this extension? is it still 28 days pre-expiry date?
Any time but ideally closer to visa expiry. She will be issued with a 3 year extension.
3- How long does the process take / is there a 'premium' route? What are the differing costs?
Depends whether you apply by post or in person. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
4- During this period, I assume my spouse will be unable to travel given she has no documents?
Yes, but ONLY if she applies by post.
5- As an added challenge, I will be eligible for citizenship one day after her visa expires, and I plan on submitting a joint citizenship and passport application immediately (1 year of ILR). If my status changes during her application, will this have any impact on the outcome?
No effect on her PBS extension or outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Many thanks for such a quick response.

Just wanted to follow up on #2.

Could you please define 'any time but closer to expiry date' - what would constitute 'close' to expiry date? if there is no official threshold (i.e 28 days before expiry) I'd like to do it sooner to interfere with our travel plans.

Thanks again.

W

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Anytime while the visa is still valid and you can explain to HO about your travel plans. People just usually wait to apply within the 28 days to avoid shortfall for ILR later on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:48 pm

So the website you linked just shows the differing tiers of service and times (i.e. standard 10 weeks, priority 10 days, etc) but doesn't show costs and I can't seem to find this anywhere.

I've decided to kick start the application online to see if I can find these costs out (I won't be submitting until 28 days pre expiry anyway), but I've already bumped into some strange questions, namely:

Does Mr WakeWakeWake have indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship?
Yes

Is Mr WakeWakeWake's work in a shortage occupation?
No (Why would this matter if I already have ILR? Whilst on my Tier 2 my job was on a shortage until around 2013 but then it got taken off - does that consitute a yes or no?

What is the length of Mr WakeWakeWake's CoS?
more than 3 years - I already have ILR and do not have COS to my knowledge. The only other option is "Under 3 years".

Has Mr WakeWakeWake's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?
No My company is no longer my 'sponsor' - does this just mean we need to submit financials?

Some of these questions are quite unclear to me!

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks.

W

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Thought there was some other fee for extension, not just the Tier 2 issuance. If that's the case then it makes sense.

The other questions are still somewhat strange though?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:03 pm

WakeWakeWake wrote:Thought there was some other fee for extension, not just the Tier 2 issuance. If that's the case then it makes sense.

The other questions are still somewhat strange though?
£1,328 each person postal and £1,828 each person PLUS the £600 immigration health surcharge.

Not sure about other q's as I cannot access the online form but your spouse applies alone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Why have you quoted the "Tier 2 (more than 3 years)" prices? I thought it would be "Up to 3 years"

My spouse had her first partner visa issued (as a page on her passport) on the 1/11/13 though she didn't arrive to the UK until 12/01/2014. Not sure if the count begins since issuance or arrival, but a Tier 2 would only be extended until a maximum of stay of 6 years has been achieved right? Assuming 12th of Jan'14, that means less than 3 years would be needed for the 6 years correct (i.e. 12/01/2020)?

Therefore the prices should be £1,164 for dependent (same in this case as "You" box and using premium service) + £600 for 3 years x £200 IHS (up to 3 years)

Another question: presumably I won't have to pay anything as it's only her dependent visa being extended. I'm going to separately apply for citizenship in another application.

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:54 pm

WakeWakeWake wrote:Why have you quoted the "Tier 2 (more than 3 years)" prices? I thought it would be "Up to 3 years"

My spouse had her first partner visa issued (as a page on her passport) on the 1/11/13 though she didn't arrive to the UK until 12/01/2014. Not sure if the count begins since issuance or arrival, but a Tier 2 would only be extended until a maximum of stay of 6 years has been achieved right? Assuming 12th of Jan'14, that means less than 3 years would be needed for the 6 years correct (i.e. 12/01/2020)?

Therefore the prices should be £1,164 for dependent (same in this case as "You" box and using premium service) + £600 for 3 years x £200 IHS (up to 3 years)
Jeez, I am human too (and at work). Error Alert!! £664 each person postal or £1,164 each person in person.
Another question: presumably I won't have to pay anything as it's only her dependent visa being extended. I'm going to separately apply for citizenship in another application.
No you don't pay as you are not applying for a PBS visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Did not mean to sound ungrateful or obnoxious in anyway - apologies if it came across that way!

Seriously, appreciate all the light you shed through this forum.

Thanks again,

W